Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know ive serched alot, but i wanna double check. im buying a d60 out of a 95 f-350 pwrstroke. im getting the track bar and mount, sway bar and mounts, steering links, and pitman arm, im also getting the leaf springs as well. am i forgetting anything? the guys sellin it for 1000$ which i dont think is to bad.. what else will i need to do a direct swap? its going on a 95 single cab powerstroke..

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i should be set then cause ill be unboltin the leafs and the steerin and rollin it out from underneith the doner truck and under my truck. will my rotors and calipers work on it? the d60 has the auto hubs in it and my d50 has manuals, can i swap them? im just nervous i dont wanna hit any road blocks when i go to put it in.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Yes Dana 50 & Dana 60 hubs all interchange. Make sure you get yourself a Ford auto hub socket for pulling the old ones off. It's a thin 6 point socket made just for auto hubs. The brakes will be the same since you are getting a 95 Dana 60 with bolt on style calipers. Just re-use your calipers so you don't have to worry about bleeding the brakes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
you can put the complete hub and rotor on it they use the same bearings and the lockouts will even interchange and there shouldn be any problem with the calipers fitting, and id say get the drive shaft to if can because the d60 drive shaft is setup a lil different

·
Registered
89 Posts
get the yoke for the drive shaft also

·
SLOW LEARNER
739 Posts
The hardest part is dragging the pos TTB out from under the truck. It falls into a broken odd to handle pile. The rest is easy. Bolt your tires to the other axle first and roll it under.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You really need to do a RS kit with SD springs..will ride better than a SD will when done correctly. I've helped hundreds do this mod and have everything needed.

Cary

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the replys guys! im pumped to do the swap. i plan on doin the RSK once my tires wear out cause i plan on going bigger, my main concern is getting the d60 in for now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
YEah, i just finished up my swap, just in time for plowing.
Still gotta replace the ball joints, one u joint, and the bearings and seals(####s and giggles on the last part), but it is a easy swap.
And yes, the worst part is getting the ttb out from under the truck, it folds up like a pretzel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what did you guys do about the sway bar mounts on the frame? the mounts were rivited onto the frame on the donor truck, so do i have to fab up some mounts of my own to run the sway bar on my truck?

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Are there holes in the frame of your truck? Just grind off the rivits & take the backets off the doner then bolt them onto your's.

·
Registered
388 Posts
what did you guys do about the sway bar mounts on the frame? the mounts were rivited onto the frame on the donor truck, so do i have to fab up some mounts of my own to run the sway bar on my truck?
Grind the rivets off and pull the brackets....Your frame should have the holes, and even the metal hard fuel line will be bent to clear the bracket. On mine i went with 1/2 in grade 8 bolts, so i had to just touch the holes (3 per side) with a drill and bolt them in.

I would put them on if I were you, I think its worth it.

Justin

·
Registered
89 Posts
dang looks like the salt has been munching away at that

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts