Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OrthoPro
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

Ok I bought an '05 SD CC XLT and the prior owner had it repossesed and must have his damn dog living in the truck. It smelled like dog BAD until I had the new carpet and new leather put in. Now its fine but I lift back the door panels on the inside and could see TONS of hair behind the door panels. On top of that when I put on the heat it smells like DOG!

What tools do I need to properly pry off the door panels? Do I have to pull the dash to get to all the ventelation ducts to blow out the dander and hair so it doesnt smell like DOG when I run the heat???

This is really PI***** me off.

HELP!

Aaron Forbes

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
No special tools needed to remove panels.

Remove the panel opposite to your mirror, power window/ lock switches, and courtesy lamp lens cover in the door.

There will be two 7mm screws to remove, one behind the switches, and one behind the lens cover. Pull those out and lift the panel strait up, then with the panel loose reach behind it to disconnect the courtesy light from the socket by twisting it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Just pop the dash panel off take a air hose and blow all the #### out of the ducts and febreze the hell out of it. Also those little vent clip air freshners can be put in the ducts by your feet, thats what I do during the winter so the cow #### and coonhunting smells off my boots don't get so annoying.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Dog hair in the 6.0 performance forum....nothing will surprise me from here on out.
Moved to the Detailing Forum.

·
OrthoPro
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for posting this in the wrong area...Im a rookie so my bad. Thanks for the advice the 7mm socket worked awesome and I cleaned out the door panels. Now the air ducts and vents. Thanks for the help guys!

I will put the post in the right area next time :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think the previous idea of blowing the crap out then soaking the vents with febreeze would be your easiest bet. I cant remember where the superduty hvac motor is, might be worth pulling it out before to blow everything through?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts