Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If that's the case, a guy could use a Mustang GT sound induction tube (2010 -2012) and potentially hear the whistle much better. I see on the many of the Mustang forums guys are deleting them, probably get one cheap!

Not familiar with the Mustang sound induction tube? Here's a little info on it and a few pics:

"The sound induction tube is specific to 2010-2012 model Mustang GTs. Ford engineers found that the overal tone of the 2010 Mustang GT was too "quiet". The induction tube is a plastic tube that is connected from the intake ducting to the firewall/cabin of the car. It transfers sound from the engine to the cabin compartment to help increase the perceived engine sound in the cabin. It is simply a hollow plastic ducting type tube. There are no sensors in the tube. It simply functions as a sound resonator. It comes plugged from the factory with a foam stopper. What I described above was the removal of this foam plug to make the ambient sound in the cabin a little bit louder."

Crazy idea? What ya think?

Attachments

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Re: Does the intake side of the turbo whistle? If so and you like that, I have an ide

how old are you

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Re: Does the intake side of the turbo whistle? If so and you like that, I have an ide

Yea why in the world would you wanna do that? Our trucks are already loud and its something else to take up room another thing to mess up. Just a stupid idea all around. Just my .02

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts

maybe we shoulda STFU and let him get CCV vapors in his cab....

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts

Maybe rolling down the windows on your truck would help....

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

maybe we shoulda STFU and let him get CCV vapors in his cab....
LOL so funny I agree when he never posts again we'll know he didn't make it back from school!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I came up with the idea because I read on here somewhere that people like to swap out the the later turbos (04-07) for an 03 turbo because they whistle more.
Seems silly to me too, hence "If so and YOU like that" in the thread title. It was just an idea for someone who might like that, sheesh...

BTW, if you must know I'm an old man on my second marriage with three kids, to many bills and child support to pay. If things were different, I would still be enjoying my Mustangs instead of a friggen' truck and I would have never ended up here. Yeah, life ain't what it use to be.

It's damn funny to me that you guys are questioning my maturity when I come on here and see all kinds of crap about hot rodding big ass pickup trucks and doing all kinds of stuff that doesn't make much sense, the best or should I say the worst: Stacks. WTF? Why? Got some kind of "I wish I was a trucker but I'm not" syndrome? Talk about dumb!

Even though I think some of this stuff is stupid, I've never bothered to ridicule someone about it. It's their choice...

Whatever.

·
BrokeAss
841 Posts

Someone is butthurt.
Hood stack and no windshield, problem fixed.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

try the firewall delete mod..... it rocks dude..... :rockwoot:

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

It's damn funny to me that you guys are questioning my maturity when I come on here and see all kinds of crap about hot rodding big ass pickup trucks and doing all kinds of stuff that doesn't make much sense, the best or should I say the worst: Stacks. WTF? Why? Got some kind of "I wish I was a trucker but I'm not" syndrome? Talk about dumb!
You know what makes us love diesels that much? Because some people can go out there and run a 1/4 in 10sec and turn around and haul 3 mustangs back from the track and still get the same amount of mpg as a stock mustang. While being able to hold 5 people comfortably. LOL if your so old and mature you would taken your lashings about your not the best of ideas constructively.
:psnb:

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts

I came up with the idea because I read on here somewhere that people like to swap out the the later turbos (04-07) for an 03 turbo because they whistle more.
Seems silly to me too, hence "If so and YOU like that" in the thread title. It was just an idea for someone who might like that, sheesh...

This is the statement that I will pull out. Now since you have reading many threads about switching turbos, I can tell you right now Ive posted in a few. THE sound you hear !!!! Comes from the Turbine side NOT the compressor side. Reason being on the 03's is that it is 10 blade wheel. The newer 04.5 newer have a 15 blade which means slightly faster spool up and less sound. Now this was explained in many threads about 03 turbos. Your compressor has nothing to do with sound. Intake goes into turbo, turbo goes into intercooler, then into the intake manifold and into the motor. Your exhaust spins the turbine which the turbine wheels produces the whistle. :doh:

To help you out honestly not being a smart ass but Read carefully what statements people say and you'll understand why.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

This is the statement that I will pull out. Now since you have reading many threads about switching turbos, I can tell you right now Ive posted in a few. THE sound you hear !!!! Comes from the Turbine side NOT the compressor side. Reason being on the 03's is that it is 10 blade wheel. The newer 04.5 newer have a 15 blade which means slightly faster spool up and less sound. Now this was explained in many threads about 03 turbos. Your compressor has nothing to do with sound. Intake goes into turbo, turbo goes into intercooler, then into the intake manifold and into the motor. Your exhaust spins the turbine which the turbine wheels produces the whistle. :doh:

To help you out honestly not being a smart ass but Read carefully what statements people say and you'll understand why.
true kevin, but if he just deletes his firewall, it wouldnt even matter which side the sound was coming from.... he would have all that awesome diesel sound right there to enjoy

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

better yet, if he wants to here some whistle...just run some piping from the exhaust right in the cab. Not only will you be able to hear it whistle more...you'll also get high on diesel fumes haha. But from the sounds of it....sounds like he's already high on something by starting a stupid thread like this.

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts

I'd LOVE to see a 10 second diesel pull 3 mustangs home from the track, much less get the same fuel mileage as a stock mustang. One of mine was getting 16 in town hand calculated..5.0 gt 3.73 gears, and a cat back..just a cruiser car. Another got 19mpg with heads/cam/intake etc., on the interstate. My ls1 trans am got 29mpg on the highway, 6 spd manual, stock 3.42 gears, cam, full exhaust, and a ton of road race suspension stuff...and that car ran 12's at 6k ft above sea level, (11's at sea level). NO diesel pickup out there is going to have the power to run 10's, turn around and drag 3 mustangs (let's use fox body hatchbacks at 3300lbs a pop, so that's 9,900lbs of cars, plus say 5k lbs of trailer) without insane egt's, or getting better than 15mpg...reality is more like 9mpg.

·
so many trees
281 Posts

I'd LOVE to see a 10 second diesel pull 3 mustangs home from the track, much less get the same fuel mileage as a stock mustang. One of mine was getting 16 in town hand calculated..5.0 gt 3.73 gears, and a cat back..just a cruiser car. Another got 19mpg with heads/cam/intake etc., on the interstate. My ls1 trans am got 29mpg on the highway, 6 spd manual, stock 3.42 gears, cam, full exhaust, and a ton of road race suspension stuff...and that car ran 12's at 6k ft above sea level, (11's at sea level). NO diesel pickup out there is going to have the power to run 10's, turn around and drag 3 mustangs (let's use fox body hatchbacks at 3300lbs a pop, so that's 9,900lbs of cars, plus say 5k lbs of trailer) without insane egt's, or getting better than 15mpg...reality is more like 9mpg.
Bhaner.com

i know this is a dodge. but its a diesel. I know this guy. his truck is 800 plus hp right now and he pulls 11s. seems hard to believe but he does it. then hauls his buddies broken duelly home. again ive seen this.

i do agree that a diesel pickup isnt gonna get the same mpg as a 28mpg trans am but they probobly get the same mpg towing as drag racing LOL

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts

I didn't say it couldn't pull the load, I have no doubt you could knock down to a lower power file, and do it. But no way will it get anywhere near "good" fuel mileage, and you will have to be easy on the skinny pedal and keep an eagle eye on the pyro...not a set it and forget it type deal....I prefer the latter.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I can't believe you guys are acting like this a guy asked a question what people think about his idea I don't think he needs to grow up I think some of the people on here makin coments about others need to grow up just face it after dropin 3-4-5 grand in these trucks were just suppose to hope their problems are fixed this is bull that's what this form is for I thought anyway not to bash an idea someone has I personally don't like the idea cause I think our engines are too loud anyways but someone may like it loud just my opinion

·
Registered
14,569 Posts

All of the stupid crap posted on this forum and everyone attacks THIS guy???

Give it up guys, you're NOT that cool. It's a fair idea for someone who likes to hear their turbo whistle. And it wont get CCV fumes in the cabin if it's placed upstream of the CCV. The only issue I see is the removal of the foam, which I assume is being placed their to filter the air coming into that tube...

I don't think it's an awesome idea, but definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be...

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

I didn't say it couldn't pull the load, I have no doubt you could knock down to a lower power file, and do it. But no way will it get anywhere near "good" fuel mileage, and you will have to be easy on the skinny pedal and keep an eagle eye on the pyro...not a set it and forget it type deal....I prefer the latter.
When I said same fuel mileage I didn't mean while he had a load behind him. Check out diesel power challenge. Rocky horn yes ran a 11.77 1/4 I'm sure if he could have dropped weight he could have touched 10's mean while he got 18.24 mpg. My buddy has a 96 cobra he gets 18 in town.
JOE SANDERS- 11.27 1/4 his mpg was 22.58 check out septembers issue. It can be done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts