Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok iam new to the 6 liter world so bare with me, i have a guy wants me to do a egr delete on a 05, and i was wondering on suggestions do i need to do a oil cooler as well, will i need a programmer once the egr is deleted, and if any1 had a detail so call instruction write up on what all has to be taken off, iam a very good mechanic i like to think, thanx and any help is much appreciated!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
It should come with instructions for beginners. Id be carefuly rebuilding the oil cooler if you never done it before. Simple mistake or missing gaskets and you hurt his motor he wont be a happy man. What yr truck is the delete going on ? 05 and newer sometimes needs a tuner to shut the CEL off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info, you have to start some where sorry i am not a expert at 6 liters, iam a trans builder by day, i think i should be able to do it, just wanted some advice guess i will learn as i go, i have done injs on a 6.0 i wood think i could accomplish this, no hard feelings dont take any of that the wrong way!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
egr delete....i would do the oil cooler rebuild...i did mine for the first time, just take your time and make sure you use all of the pieces, and i would also do the blue spring upgrade......

·
blead Ford Blue
473 Posts
it depends on witch egr delete you are going with, are you going with a sinister style or set up with a egr delete with a new intake, if in either way it pretty straight forward, do the oil cool also and like Rescue said make sure all gaskets are in the right place and if you have a 05 or new you will pop a cel, sct programmer with costume tunes will take care of the cel, i use Gearhead tunes but there are a lot of goog people out the with good tune to remove the cel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts