Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a 4" turbo back with 3.5" down pipe on my truck and I'm really surprised at how quiet it is. Driving with the windows up I can't even tell the difference from stock. Windows down it sounds nice above 2500 rpm but under that I can't hear it unless I drive under an overpass or something for it to echo off of. Videos on youtube from inside the truck make it seem much louder. Would going to a 4" down pipe make a difference in sound? Or is a side exit my only option here? Thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No muffler. And yeah noise can get old fast I had a stack on my last truck. It just sucks that I have to get on it to hear anything cause its killing my fuel economy haha

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i personally think the noise difference comes from the pipe size, i had a banks exhaust on, and only got the throaty sound as you said when you lay into the pedal, that was a 3.5" to 4"...since my build i went to a 4" down pipe and 5" pipe in an mbrp system..night and day difference...even more so a difference after i lost the vgt turbo!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If you want sound out of 6.0 go with a 4in down pipe to a 5in pipe as soon as you can to a stack or turn down. I made my setup and I would change a thing its loud!

·
Registered
41 Posts
for a great sound... 5 inch all the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
my boss went from 4" to 5" and the 5" is awesome but his is the same way its quiet at a idle i think he is runing a 4" down pipe too I just got a 06 f-250 had the muffler and cat deleted same day i picked it up but i also have my 5" turbo back on the way

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like how there's no drone on the highway but otherwise I wish it was louder. I might upgrade to a 5" eventually, thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts