Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2006 F-250 last night, it has the 6.0 in it. wondering if anyone uses the Amsoil full synthetic diesel engine oil in theirs. I use Amsoil in all my other vehicles as well as my lawn and garden small engines and my 2 cycle gas outboard motor and it seems to be the best i have ever used. also planning on using the Amsoil diesel fuel additives like diesel injector clean with cold flow improver and the Amsoil cetane booster.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Just bought my 2006 F-250 last night, it has the 6.0 in it. wondering if anyone uses the Amsoil full synthetic diesel engine oil in theirs. I use Amsoil in all my other vehicles as well as my lawn and garden small engines and my 2 cycle gas outboard motor and it seems to be the best i have ever used. also planning on using the Amsoil diesel fuel additives like diesel injector clean with cold flow improver and the Amsoil cetane booster.
I use amsoil in my truck. I love it. Starts alot easyer then rotella. Its works great.
I use it in all of my motorcycles

Im also a amsoil dealer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am too. which one do you use, the 15w40 or a different one for winter and 15w40 for summer? have you used any of their fuel additives

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good to me. in illinois the fuel quality is so crappy both gas and diesel i have heard from a few people to use the fuel additives to keep the fuel system happy. illinois is mostly b11 diesel except for a few places that have real diesel. no problems with the 5w40 in the middle of the summer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good, i am going to order 2 cases now, it kinda sucks that one case isnt enough for an oil change.... according to the powerstroke manual that came with the truck it holds 15 quarts. still though Amsoil is the best there is.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
I am not an Amsoil fan

it's sold like Mary K Cosmetics IMHO
I don't want mail order oil and Fee's / membership ETC
all for an oil that performs like any other decent oil

·
Banned
328 Posts
I am not an Amsoil fan

it's sold like Mary K Cosmetics IMHO
I don't want mail order oil and Fee's / membership ETC
all for an oil that performs like any other decent oil
I could probaly say that about the diesel oil.

But there oil for small motors like motorcycle, atvs out preformes any oil ive ever ran. I ve done a oil analysis after running my motorcycle like 3 k over the limit and it showed good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have not had to change any spark plugs in my 2 cycle snow blower since i got it new running amsoil 2 cycle synthetic, stilll runs like new and has plenty of power for a 13 year old snow blower. my evinrude 2 cycle outboard runs far better with amsoil 2 cycle racing synthetic and my gas truck seemed to preform better with it.

·
Administrator
32,985 Posts
I run Pennzoil syn TC w3 in all 7 of my 2 strokes with the same results and I can get it up the street
and watercraft are notorious for fouling plugs due to no wake zones

different strokes not going to say Amsoil is bad it's just not worth the hassle for Me

·
Registered
128 Posts
And it's 15 quarts... Expensive oil change... Add rev x... make it worth ur while and get a bypass oil filter and go longer

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Amsoil XL=waste of money........buy Rotella T6 5w-40 $19.99-21.50
Amsoil Signature worth big $$$......but I'd run a by-pass set up to run big miles(oil anylisis).
Mobil Delvac ESP1 5w-40......AWESOME OIL!!!!! Our huei injection system loves this stuff.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
One thing I have found interesting on Amsoil.If you walk down the oil isle in Wally World or your favorite parts store read the labels on synthetic oils, they all say "Full Synthetic" now read the label on Amsoil synthetic, is says 100% Synthetic. Amsoil is the only synthetic oil that I have seen that says 100% synthetic. So IMO the big oil company's must have found a marketing loop hole by using "Full" vs "100%".
Now I'm not a Amsoil freak and rarely ever use it, I use what ever oil meets the specs that the manufacture sets for what ever I'm working on, I've always done that and never had a problem.
So whats in one brand oil that makes it better than another, none of us know.
There is nothing on any labels to say what the ingredients are, no patent # nothing that I've ever seen. So IMO at the end of the day it's like Pepsi or Coke.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Are you are picking out your favorites?? Not all Amzoil labels (from their site) say "100% Synthetic".

It's been my research that has found an OLD court case that Mobil 1 lost regarding the labeling of oils as full synthetics. In short it was the decision of a court that found the oils mixed with PAO and dino oils could be called "fully synthetic".

Only the price tells you what is true PAO base stocks.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I'm not picking out any favorites, I've never used Amsoil motor oil. I just noticed one time that Amsoil said on the label "100% synthetic motor oil" I never really looked at their labels before, then I looked at all the popular brands in the oil isle at wally world, and every brand there said "Full Synthetic" so IDK, whats the difference between full and 100%? I just found that kinda interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
planning on maybe picking up some amsoil tomorrow even though the dealer just changed the oil before i picked it up yesterday....who knows what they put in it

·
Banned
328 Posts
Amsoil XL=waste of money........buy Rotella T6 5w-40 $19.99-21.50
Amsoil Signature worth big $$$......but I'd run a by-pass set up to run big miles(oil anylisis).
Mobil Delvac ESP1 5w-40......AWESOME OIL!!!!! Our huei injection system loves this stuff.
I've run almost 10k on one change did a oil a analysis and everything was still good? So idk how u get its garbage

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've run almost 10k on one change did a oil a analysis and everything was still good? So idk how u get its garbage

I never said that it's garbage. I said that it's a waste of money. I run 160k-200k per year with my truck. So I have lots of experience with oils. Rotella T6 5-40 tests out like new in my 641k 02' 7.3 after 10k. I've changed filter and run to 14k...still awesome tests...change filter and.ran to 20k....still started great, idled great, and had same fuel mileage. But it only costs me $20 a gallon. A LOT cheaper than Amsoil XL. I ran Mobil ESP 1 5-40 over 25k.....that OIL is freaking liquid gold but truck was awesome in every regard when I ran it. I only bought it because Camping World put wrong price.of.$9.98 a gallon on it. My back window is.a.custom Amsoil Racing vinyl.....so I'm certainly a.supporter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts