Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
im thinking the remote is extra because it says remote optional in the ad. as far as the HU though i hear alpines are good, im sure someone will chime in though and let you know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Click on the "Accessories" tab on the page you linked to, and scroll near the bottom. The basic Alpine remote is $19.99 extra.

I like head units with Bluetooth built in. Once you have one with it, you will always want Bluetooth. I'm driving, my phone rings, the HU shows who is calling and it auto answers. The music mutes and I talk on the speakerphone. When the caller hangs up, the music starts back up. All without taking my hands off of the wheel. I like not having to install an add-on module and finding a place to mount it.

The Bluetooth adapter for that HU is $149.99 on the same page as the remote.

Read the reviews on Crutchfield and Amazon on what ever you are considering.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Not bad, but I prefer this Pioneer http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17693_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P510UB.html, here is why:

1.The pioneer has 4v pre-outs vs. the Alpine's 2v.

2.The pioneer has 22w rms where the Alpine has 16.

3.The pioneer has a 3 band eq, the Alpine has 2

4.The pioneer has 2 USB inputs, Alpine has 1

5.The pionner comes with a remoteLOL

6.The pionner has High-pass and low-pass crossovers, I am not sure if the Alpine has this or not.

7.The pioneer has playback for MP3 and WMV, the Alpine does not...

Personally I think the Pioneer is much easier to navigate through the options. The Alpine has some goods over the Pioneer, it looks way better, and it has 6 pre-amp outputs vs. the pioneer that has 3. You can't go wrong with both, but I say get the Pioneer!

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went ahead and bought it. snapped a few pics of it. im really happy with the purchase but would like to have a remote haha

night time

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
nice. looks a lil complicated for me.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha its not to bad. its actually pretty straight forward. if you can use a ipod you can use it. then learn the odd and end things.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i dunno i sometimes forget how to use a ipod seeing as i dont have one. heres mine http://www.productwiki.com/kenwood-excelon-kdc-x592/ and the remote and ipod/usb hookup came with it, just gotta get the bluetooth thing if i want bluetooth but i dont and am very happy with it.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i could see that. yea my buddy has one like that, not a huge fan of 2 knob radios but Kenwood is a good product. mine had the USB hook up but i had to supply the ipod cable to make it work. as for a remote....ugh....i miss my old one lol. ill def be on the look out to buy one because they are a optional add on for it. bluetooth is just something else to get in the way of things haha. my last one had it and i never used it

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
LOL i dont even use the knobs accept if i feel like tweaking the sub output for the ricers, otherwise its 24/7 remote controlled, i dont know how i lived without one honestly, long legs an short arms, seat back always leaning over to mess with the radio, remote suits it just fine now just leave it in the cup thrower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts