Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to modify the 3.5" lift kit I have on my truck now to make a 4-4.5" lift. I already have longer sway bar links, a drop pitman arm, and trac bar. But will I need to get longer brake lines for the front if I go up to 4.5" high?

Thanks

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
Don't need to, but if you offroad and flex a lot you might want to just to be safe.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Don't need to, but if you offroad and flex a lot you might want to just to be safe.
x2

You should be good but I think thats about the limits of them. On my 05 truck the brake and vacuum lines are pretty much at their limits when the truck is on the lift and the front end hangs free.

With some creativity to the hard line and mounting bracket you should be able to get it to work though without having to buy new lines.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
x2

You should be good but I think thats about the limits of them. On my 05 truck the brake and vacuum lines are pretty much at their limits when the truck is on the lift and the front end hangs free.

With some creativity to the hard line and mounting bracket you should be able to get it to work though without having to buy new lines.
X3
if you do lot of wheeling I would get longer ones

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Just bend the bracket that mounts the hard line to the frame so it is horizontal. Good for up to 8" lift with high articulation.

·
Michigan Ice Dog
226 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Yes don't need them but adding a 5 line SS kit will give you a firmer feel and the old rubber ones swell as they get old.

PM me if you would like prices on a 5 line kit..

Cary

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
I have a 4.5" lift,...and like already said it's not really needed if you don't offroad/flex a lot,...

I do...so I have SS brake lines for an 8" lift.....better safe than sorry..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts