Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at a party last weekend and some @$$hole punched out my mirror...so what do u guys think out making custom mounts to put dodge flip up mirrors on my truck...i love the way they look!

My plan is to take a sheet of diamond plate and cut it to the shape of the base of the ford mirror, then mount studs to bolt it where my mirror bolts up, then put a rubber or foam backing on it to protect my paint, then drill holes in it where the dodge mirror will bolt to it... U guys think it will work??

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
anything will work with enough work.... personally id stick with ford mirrors.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i would personally like to see you try it, i like the flip up dodge mirrors as well, but i would recommend fiberglassing a new base to make it look as if it were suppose to be there, the diamond plate backer i think would take away from the overall looks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Put a set of 2010 Ford tow mirrors on it.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Dodge tow mirrors are GAY!!!! Stick with Ford tow mirrors.

·
<---mud
297 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
which side got busted out? I'm needing a pass. side one. does yours have the lights in it? are trucks are twins. Red std. cab 6 spds, with 18s!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
If you are really set on it. Just use duct tape and zip ties. Take a pic and post it in this thread.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
the ford tow mirriors are way more functional IMO

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
Those dodge mirrors are kinda chitty from a use standpoint. I too like the way they look but they arent very useful. Better than chebbies telescoping ones with that cheap accordion thing on the shaft....

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I think the duct tape and zip ties would go right along with the dodge mirrors.

·
Reloading
429 Posts
I'm rather partial to the '08-'10 mirrors. Those mirrors are one of the best things I've done to the truck. Go to a dealer to sit in a tuck with them.... and if you tow! They're a must!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would love to do 08 mirrors... If I could find a set cheap enough

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I like the tow mirrrors that came on my 00. They are the same but the top is rounded.

·
Registered
654 Posts
the 08-10 are badazz i have them on my truck and love them. backing a trailer with them is night and day.

·
Winners never quit!
502 Posts
I personally think it would look awful but thats me. Another vote for 08 up ford mirrors or stock.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
the 08-10 are badazz i have them on my truck and love them. backing a trailer with them is night and day.
:whs: I love my 08 tow mirrors. So much easier to see out of, since I upgraded I rarely look in my rearview or over my shoulder. The blinspot mirrors are sooooo much better!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts