Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get "Diesel Power" magazine?

At the PowerFest Rally a couple guys mentioned some Dodge Cummins guys who did some jack-leg aero work, drive 55 and claim 30 MPG.

I know a reporter at that magazine. Maybe its time for a smackdown.

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a Cummins jockey on the DieselGarage website that claims outrageous MPG but he brags about driving 40 and uses a cable to hold his throttle at a constant setting. He slows down up hill and comes down like a divebomber.

I don't know what you call such people but the word "crank" floats to the top of my head.

All of my MPG claims are using a mixed circuit: 33% urban/suburban stop-and-go, 33% two land state roads, and 33% Interstate. In town, I move with the traffic. On the rural roads and Interstate I do the posted limit +2.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
There is a Cummins jockey on the DieselGarage website that claims outrageous MPG but he brags about driving 40 and uses a cable to hold his throttle at a constant setting. He slows down up hill and comes down like a divebomber.

I don't know what you call such people but the word "crank" floats to the top of my head.

All of my MPG claims are using a mixed circuit: 33% urban/suburban stop-and-go, 33% two land state roads, and 33% Interstate. In town, I move with the traffic. On the rural roads and Interstate I do the posted limit +2.
HAHAA yeah ! Georgia over drive for the win!

·
Non Helpful Member
818 Posts
I can get at 65mph 19.8 on the 60hp smarty with timeing tune and thats about it. She gets 17.7 to and from work thats city and highway driveing 50 miles each day.

·
Head Thread Derailer
880 Posts
Ponder busted 30 with his throttle cable, but he is also a 4x4. The ram 2000 (5.9 in a 1500) that Garmon did popped 29 right off the bat, and Jeff isnt known for his lightfootedness on the throttle

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does busting 30 MPG at 40 MPH really count? I wonder how good I'd do driving 20 MPH?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
My friend has a 91 reg cab 4x4 Dodge (that's a VE rotary pump 1st gen Dodge) with an automatic. I've taken it on several "long" trips and it usually gets around 19-20.5 on the highway depending on weather and load. Mid to upper 20's on a reasonably well built 6BTA is not unreasonable at all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 04.5 dodge had 285k upon selling an my 05 has 176k but is heading to the dealer today.

My 05 is completely stock and gets around 21-22empty @ 70-75.
My 04.5 was heavily modded (turbo, intake, injectors, exhaust manifold, tst, fass 150, SB CONFE Clutch) I was pushing over 550rwhp and if I kept it around 70 I'd see 24.5-24.7mpg. If I kept it at 55 I'd see 30. But time is money and driving 55 sucks.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Are those dodge numbers with 2wd or 4wd. If 4wd, that is flat out awesome and the highest I have heard of from a newer dodge. I get 19 at 70 with stock tires.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine was 2wd.

I'm getting ready to ditch my 325's to go back with stock size tires.

Just an FYI on a 32 gal fuel up I would see 775 miles on my Dodge.

If I see 535-550 on the Ford I'm doing good and living in a week of tailwinds.

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just filled up 20 gallons today after 530 miles.

Looks like we need to have a smackdown.

·
Hacksaw Engineer
470 Posts
Hey my Cumminsford lightyly loaded last month to Texas on the first tank taking it easy I still got 24mpg, doin @65. The wifes TDI still is the fuel winner It got 66mpg.

·
Registered
579 Posts
my wifes 99 dodge 3/4 gets 20.5 average but 97% of her driving is highway to and from work.

on edit: since we chipped it its gone up to 22 even. again 97% of her driving is highway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts