Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, first off hi there, I'm new to the forum, I spent a while over at powerstroke.org.

But here we go, I need some serious opinions on the dodge towing mirror conversion. I've looked around and it seems that they are the most functional mirror in the aftermarket category and for towing.

What do you guys think?

Please keep in mind that I would like this thread to be somewhat serious haha.

Please keep the ''moose power!'' stuff to a minimum, but if it's necessary then let'er fly!

Thanks everybody,

·
Registered
909 Posts
I did it, what do you wanna know? You can see great. Even flipped down they are a lot better. You can mount them cleanly and still use the wing window

But there are a lot of guys who hate them and will give you crap. I just wanted a better mirror

·
Registered
1 Posts
The mirror looks like what a OEM might look like. It is a perfect fit for the stock mirror. The price is very reasonable for this set of mirrors. The only problem with these mirrors is how bad they shake. This needs to be redesigned.
CAR OBD2 SHOP

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I did it, what do you wanna know? You can see great. Even flipped down they are a lot better. You can mount them cleanly and still use the wing window

But there are a lot of guys who hate them and will give you crap. I just wanted a better mirror
You don't mind how the wing window bar blocks the mirror when flipped down?

Don't get me wrong, I will be doing something with my gooseneck mirrors when the dually goes away, but I am not sure which direction I want to go.

I am leaning more towards the chevy mirrors

·
Registered
660 Posts
I honestly don't like them. I mean to each his own. I'm sure there are things on my truck that some people don't like. However, I think the newer windows on an old truck just look hacky. They aren't really period correct. I have the factory gooseneck flip out mirrors on mine. Granted they look like a little much, but they don't shake and you can see really great with them in my opinion. New style mirrors on an old truck is the same to me as throwing a set of 20 or 22" rims on one, just makes me think of some highschool kid that's wrapped up in the newest "fad". Please don't take this as a personal attack towards anyone that's done this mod, just giving my opinion here, not picking a fight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honestly don't like them. I mean to each his own. I'm sure there are things on my truck that some people don't like. However, I think the newer windows on an old truck just look hacky. They aren't really period correct. I have the factory gooseneck flip out mirrors on mine. Granted they look like a little much, but they don't shake and you can see really great with them in my opinion. New style mirrors on an old truck is the same to me as throwing a set of 20 or 22" rims on one, just makes me think of some highschool kid that's wrapped up in the newest "fad". Please don't take this as a personal attack towards anyone that's done this mod, just giving my opinion here, not picking a fight.

I like how you look at the situation. So i'm assuming you're more of a ''keep it ford'' kinda guy?

I would really like to keep it ''all ford'' but I'm not entirely convinced on which way I want to go just yet.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It kinda depends with me. I'm not legalistic on it all being original ford. There are just some things that don't seem to go with older body trucks in my opinion. Examples include: big wheels with small sidewall tires, big fancy "off road" bumpers, big plastic mirrors that stick up like ears on a draft mule, ect. I'm sure the newer style (dodge, chevy, or even superduty) mirrors give you more visibility, however, back in the mid 90's when these trucks came out people seemed to pull lots of miles with the old style mirrors just fine and they match the truck.
Here is a picture of the factory mirrors that I used to have. These were pretty small and trying to see your trailer or behind it was a challenge. Plus they shook a lot in the wind...........

Here are the mirrors I have now. Also a factory option, some people think they look gaudy. Personally they are my favorite of the OBS mirrors. Visibility is much better with these and they don't shake much at all, unless you're in a 50mph head wind.......Just a couple options, not sure what mirrors you have now?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It kinda depends with me. I'm not legalistic on it all being original ford. There are just some things that don't seem to go with older body trucks in my opinion. Examples include: big wheels with small sidewall tires, big fancy "off road" bumpers, big plastic mirrors that stick up like ears on a draft mule, ect. I'm sure the newer style (dodge, chevy, or even superduty) mirrors give you more visibility, however, back in the mid 90's when these trucks came out people seemed to pull lots of miles with the old style mirrors just fine and they match the truck.
Here is a picture of the factory mirrors that I used to have. These were pretty small and trying to see your trailer or behind it was a challenge. Plus they shook a lot in the wind...........

Here are the mirrors I have now. Also a factory option, some people think they look gaudy. Personally they are my favorite of the OBS mirrors. Visibility is much better with these and they don't shake much at all, unless you're in a 50mph head wind.......Just a couple options, not sure what mirrors you have now?

Those are some stone cold facts you have there, its official, i'm sticking with the OEM mirrors. I'm a strong believer in the no huge bumpers, huge rims and ect. That is an extremely clean pickup ya got there, and where did you get that custom badge?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i will say personally i don't like the dodge mirrors on a ford at all. im sure you can see better with them but, you have this beautiful truck with actual chrome plated metal on it. the chrome is in thinner lines and smaller pieces. and then you take this big plastic ugly black thing with thick lines and strap it to the side of a door. doesn't follow and match with everything else. just my opinion on the subject.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts