Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm graduating this year from high school, and am looking to go into trade school...maybe. Do they care? I've heard so many different things about how all they want is your money, it's not worth it, etc. All I want to know is do employers care more about experience or certifications? Professional shops, probably, but what is the possibility of getting paid the same in other shops? Do you make enough to quickly pay off your debt? I would be frustrated if an employer doesn't care about where I went, only if I can do the job. I've learned a lot, and am a fast learner, I pick up stuff really quick. Suggestions?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
What type of trade are you planning on going into?

I went to a trade school right out of high school to become a electrician. The courses satisfied the states education requirements for the apprenticeship program.

If you are looking at a diesel mechanic go down to some of the larger repair shops near you and talk to the shop foreman or their HR department if they have one and see what they require to hire you.

·
Administrator
8,420 Posts
some shops like experience, others want certification.
i would do as bugman suggested and talk to shop managers/owners to get a read on what is required in your area.
some of the larger shops here in New Jersey require both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts