Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Best oil additive is clean oil I keep a great pm program... I think oil additives are snake oi land "Bannanas" Cheers

·
Registered
191 Posts
LOLLOLLOL.... I remember that...cheers

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
On this subject. since i havent found it any where.

had to add Lucas to a truck the other day during a PM, so i now have a oil sample of it at CAT labs and will have a UOA on a clean sample of it.

lets see whats exactly in there! i still call BS on most additives.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Only thing I have had any luck with is Rev-X. Yes I sell it so naturally I say that, but I let everyone else talk about it most of the time.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
I have used HotShot's Secret in which I have posted my thoughts... I believe in this product 100%... I have also added Schaeffer's Moly E.P. Oil Treatment to my summer oil changes when towing my 5th Wheel...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made a post / thread this afternoon on this.
I put a 16oz bottle of Marvel Mystery to a full tank. When I got less than a 1/2 of a tank the water in fuel warning came on. I bled the fuel filter this afternoon. I got a bit of water and crud. Looks to be dirt or rust. Smells of rust. Last time before this, I bled fue clear clean fuel came out and recently changed filters. I'm wondering if the MM loosen up the crud. Water and crud was about the size of a quarter. I filtered the crud and waiting to dry out for further investigation.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Rob, Here is a virgin oil analysis of Lucas Oil Additive I did a few years ago. Let's see how the two compare when you get yours back.

Nothing but a big viscosity improver. 15W-40 viscosity (CST at 100 degrees C) ranges from 12.5 - 16.29 this stuff is 124+!! :eek

I can see using it in a 6.0L or a 7.3L dual HPOP setup that sheers oil, but you would have to time it right when the oil is close to the lower end of a 40 weight viscosity.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Got it in today, forgot to bring it back from work. it looked about the same... had more "additives" ill try to post it up tomorrow. It's from Caterpillar labs. they called asking WTF is this.. it's off our viscosity chart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts