Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a month of trying to get my tuner to work properly, and countless calls and emails and sending tuner back and forth. I tried to do the install with the rep on phone. Not truck won't start and the rep says to call the dealer I bought it from. They won't do anything because I have dpf deleted and my tuner had the delete on it and they gave me an unlock code over phone to have them access somthing in it while I was in truck. They have me another code to enter, that code deleted the dpf removal capabilities and they said we won't give you the code to put it back as it's illegal. I'm in Canada and it's not illegal here. They said to go buy a new one. I'm so ####ing pissed off I'm glad there 1500 miles away from me right now. There inferior service and poor customer service has now cost me another 1000-1500 dollars. #### you h&s. Your garbage pieces of ####.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I apologize you are frustrated. The only way for you to currently obtain emissions removal software from H&S Performance is through our High Sulfur application process. If you obtained your capabilities through some other method, it is NOT an approved H&S software.

Let me compare this to an IPhone. Let's say you jailbreak your brand new apple product using some sort of aftermarket software hack. Now your phone happens to have software or functionality problems, and needs an Apple update. Do you think Apple is going to update your phone to the jailbroken software? I can say with confidence that they will NOT. Not only that, but you are likely to lose your Apple warranty for running un-approved software on their device (that could have caused your original problem in the first place). Now imagine that Apple could receive a multi-thousand dollar fine for "jailbreaking" your device for you... Do you think Apple would risk losing thousands of dollars so that you could use their product in a way that it was not intended to be used? Doubt it.

Your best bet is to contact the person from whom you have purchased your H&S device. If you legitimately had an emissions removal capable device as manufactured from H&S, we will gladly get you any code or unlock any function you need to make the device work.

Again, we apologize for your frustration. We are doing our best to help in every way that we can. Our technicians are under very strict supervision to follow the rules that we have set in place for them.

If you need additional assistance, you are welcome to e-mail me directly.

Bentley

bentley at hsperformance.com

TT23482

·
Registered
271 Posts
^^^ I like that response.

What dealer did you get it from?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I said over the phone that my truck was running fine. But that the tuner did not lets switch tunes, and I have egr and dpf removed, and the guy talks me through the series to input a new code over the phone he should have told me that it would erase my dpf removing capabilities with the tuner. That way I would not have been stranded on the side of the road. And it's not the dealers fault that this happened so they said they won't pay to fix it. And I don't blame them. I had to go purchase a new tuner just to get my truck running again. So one simple phone call just cost me 1500 dollars. I have ordered and sold many tuners from you guys and intakes as well I'm the last few months for my other trucks and friends trucks and customers trucks. You can bet your ass that I'm going to never endorse this product again. As yes it works well when it's working, but when somthing goes wrong it takes forever to get a response and then nothing gets resolved. I know you guys don't care as I'm only one guy. But this one guy has spend over 30 thousand in your product and is now going elsewhere. I've placed my call to Spartan already and making arrangements to purchase all my next products through them. And being friends and business associates to the other two largest diesel performance shops in Calgary alberta I'll be talking to them as well.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xrt pro. I own two business. And one is selling diesel performance parts. So I like to run my trucks with the products I sell. Now I ordered a spartan. I bought another xrt pro as that is cheaper to do than buy another dpf and egr until the spartan comes. Then I'll be using the xrt pro as target practice. I don't even want to re sell it after.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I had this same conflict with bullydog they didn't give a $hit either. I'll stick to sct they have great customer service and a reliable product, good to know I'll never buy an h&s.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Xrt pro. I own two business. And one is selling diesel performance parts. So I like to run my trucks with the products I sell. Now I ordered a spartan. I bought another xrt pro as that is cheaper to do than buy another dpf and egr until the spartan comes. Then I'll be using the xrt pro as target practice. I don't even want to re sell it after.
Just curious but why didn't you go with the MiniMax?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Out of all the h&s units we have sold at my shop we have never had an issue like this. Their customer service has always been great IF we ever had to call them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I said over the phone that my truck was running fine. But that the tuner did not lets switch tunes, and I have egr and dpf removed, and the guy talks me through the series to input a new code over the phone he should have told me that it would erase my dpf removing capabilities with the tuner. That way I would not have been stranded on the side of the road. And it's not the dealers fault that this happened so they said they won't pay to fix it. And I don't blame them. I had to go purchase a new tuner just to get my truck running again. So one simple phone call just cost me 1500 dollars. I have ordered and sold many tuners from you guys and intakes as well I'm the last few months for my other trucks and friends trucks and customers trucks. You can bet your ass that I'm going to never endorse this product again. As yes it works well when it's working, but when somthing goes wrong it takes forever to get a response and then nothing gets resolved. I know you guys don't care as I'm only one guy. But this one guy has spend over 30 thousand in your product and is now going elsewhere. I've placed my call to Spartan already and making arrangements to purchase all my next products through them. And being friends and business associates to the other two largest diesel performance shops in Calgary alberta I'll be talking to them as well.
Again, I apologize that you are frustrated. Our technicians cannot possibly know all the ins and outs of the specific device you are running and what "hack" might be done to our software without our knowledge/approval.

The problem is most definitely not your dealer that you bought it from, BUT they acquired that device somewhere and somehow bypassed the emissions equipment software lock-out. If they don't know how they did it, someone they receive product from MUST. Otherwise how was it ever "hacked" in the first place. What I am saying is that somewhere down the line, someone must know how to turn your device into something different than it was originally designed to do. The solution was there somewhere, just not from H&S Performance. So a new device wasn't necessary.

We are sorry you are moving to a different product and wish you the best!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Out of all the h&s units we have sold at my shop we have never had an issue like this. Their customer service has always been great IF we ever had to call them.
Thank you very much. We strive to do our best with customer service issues and there are quite often circumstances that are frankly outside of our control. I do believe that this particular truck was outfitted with an aftermarket radio that was tapped into the CAN system and was interfering with our communications requests....

Things like this are NOT an easy problem to solve, and there really is no one to blame. Our techs do their best to troubleshoot over the phone, but quite often the information given about some trucks is partial at best....

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Thank you very much. We strive to do our best with customer service issues and there are quite often circumstances that are frankly outside of our control. I do believe that this particular truck was outfitted with an aftermarket radio that was tapped into the CAN system and was interfering with our communications requests....

Things like this are NOT an easy problem to solve, and there really is no one to blame. Our techs do their best to troubleshoot over the phone, but quite often the information given about some trucks is partial at best....
We are just a small shop in jasper, TX....CP trucks LOL

It is also VERY tough to troubleshoot a customers truck over the phone or through email.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've placed my call to Spartan already and making arrangements to purchase all my next products through them.
I hope you don't plan on tuning any 2013-2014 Powerstrokes, since Spartan doesn't offer tuning for them. They've been working on it for 17 months, so don't hold your breath.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like said. It was working fine until he gave me another code. Bought a new one works fine. I never had an issue with them before either. This just happened to be a big one and they won't do anything. And keep saying someone else hacked there file and my stereo won't let it work. My stereo is still intact. New one works fine. Old tuner worked until they sent it back. It just kept freezing up on me. Now it's good for a normal tuner. But lost capabilities to dpf delete. So I don't see the stereo or " hacked " file doing this.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also the way I was talked to over the phone like I was stupid was uncalled for. Anyone wants to buy there stuff go ahead. I'm sure it'll work fine. But when something goes wrong that's when true colors show.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But I will say that not everyone was a douche. The guy I talked to at closing time yesterday was as helpful as he could be and polite. And genuinely tried.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like said. It was working fine until he gave me another code. Bought a new one works fine. I never had an issue with them before either. This just happened to be a big one and they won't do anything. And keep saying someone else hacked there file and my stereo won't let it work. My stereo is still intact. New one works fine. Old tuner worked until they sent it back. It just kept freezing up on me. Now it's good for a normal tuner. But lost capabilities to dpf delete. So I don't see the stereo or " hacked " file doing this.
This came from the Spartan Website Forum, from their site Administrator:

Once they get the DashDAQ to communicate correctly with the 2013, and 2014 truck we'll be able to release tunes.

There is a way to tune a 2013, and 2014 truck with our tuners, but it will only work with those truck that do not have My Touch.

It sounds like the comments from H&S about the radio are legitimate.

I couldn't find anything from Spartan saying they would offering DPF delete tuning for the 2013-2014 models.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be upset if my Race Tuner became a paper weight. However, I wouldn't be going after H&S. I'd be all over the dealer and his band of computer hacking wizards to fix it. If they hacked it once, they can do it again. You've been barking up the wrong tree.

In defense of H&S Product Support (which I've never used), you evidently aren't hearing what they've told you many times: WE CAN'T FIX YOUR TUNER SO THAT IT WILL RUN DELETE TUNES! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW! WE COULD BE SUBJECT TO LARGE ENOUGH MONETARY FINES FROM THE EPA THAT IT COULD FORCE US TO SHUT OUR DOORS! DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO EDGE PERFORMANCE?!

If you kept calling my business demanding satisfaction (harassing my employees), I'm sure that you'd begin to receive less than pleasant responses, especially if it involved breaking a Federal Law.

Contact the dealer, have them repair/reboot/hack your old unit, then either put it in one of your future projects or sell it on Craigslist.

Problem solved.

·
import basher
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not call and call and call. It all happened on one phone call. And like I said. I told them I had dpf removed and they input a code that deleted the capabilities. All they had to tell me was this new code will remove this and then I would have said thanks but no thanks and this wouldn't have happened. And it's also not illegal here in Canada to run dpf delete. I'm not a lawyer. I'm not sure how laws work from border to border. They know best. But them knowing how there product works, and how the truck computers work, they should have told me what would happen. And then to say oh well, go buy a new one that works was bs. But that just happens to be what I had to do to get the truck back off the road. Is it there fault that I put a stereo in? No. I understand that. My complaint isn't with the problem. It's how they handled it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
1. The emissions delete function your device was performing was NOT something H&S sold your device to do. We WILL be fined for enabling a device to remove EPA mandated emissions equipment without first getting their approval.
2. A software reset was required to get your device working again, we cannot predict what modifications you or someone else has done to our original software, nor can we "adapt" our software to not affect an outside modification.
3. Whoever modified the H&S device for emissions removal capabilities is where you need to go for a solution. H&S cannot control their (the source that modified our software) customer service if they do not stand behind their modifications.
4. Your aftermarket stereo that reads engine parameters via the OEM CAN Bus system can and was interfering with the H&S software while trying to talk over the same network.

Our hands are tied and we have done the best we can to take care of a customer. I apologize things did not go how you expected them to.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts