Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after installing the 4 inch straight pipe on my truck with out the cold air intake the boost has already gone up to 30 PSI according to the dash gauge, If I put the intake on does anyone think it will increase anymore? I don’t want the boost going to high

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
the muffler is a huge boost restriction. removing it will show a marked increase in boost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I can see right now it hasn’t been much of an increase if any at all i’ve Been watching the hell out of my boost gauge

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I'm beginning to understand why a lot left psn...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Well if they say intakes and exhaust doesn't effect boost and airflow then they're total morons and good riddance. And by intake, I don't mean filters, that's not an intake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
seems like a big jump, my old girl only gets above 28 if I romp up a hill or go WOT. Make sure the clamps on your intercooler boots are tight, blowing one open on the thruway sucks.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i asked google........"Does a leaving out the muffler in a car affect the turbo? ... The turbo charger works by using exhaust gases to spin a turbine that compresses intake gases. Having less backpressure from a muffler means that more of the energy can be extracted by the turbo to increase boost pressure.May 23, 2016" Do i now have to leave PSN?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts