Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to finally replace my oil pan on my 05 and im planning on buying the following parts from MKM Customs.

Sinister Coolant Filtration System / Filter Kit for 6.0L Ford Powerstroke

Ford 6.0 STC HPOP Fitting Update Kit

Complete Solution(TM) Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Sinister EGR Delete Kit, Factory Head Gaskets, Oil Cooler and ARP Head Studs

Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Turbo Oil Drain Tube

Ford Updated Turbo Feed Line 04-07

TOTALING: $1,776.99

Do I necessarily need all of the above parts and am i missing anything?

My goal here is to achive peace of mind for one, and also be ready for bigger injectors and turbo down the road.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,335 Posts
Does the kit include the injector o-rings? Do you plan to reuse the intake gaskets (you usually can)? How about the turbo gasket kit? Valve cover and rocker box gaskets? Do you plan to have the heads machined and checked for cracks (very important IMO)? You will also need coolant and oil. ZC-31-A Motorcraft®Metal Surface Prep is a good idea. be careful w/ the glow plug harnesses - they break easily - I just got new ones, but I hear you can get them off without breaking them by heating the rocker box.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Dummy rail plugs: W302908
Kit for dummy plugs and stand pipes: 6E7Z-9A332-B
STC Kit 4C3Z-9B246-F 1879930c91
6E7Z-9C165-B Blue Spring and Seal Kit (No Housing)
3C3Z-8575-AA Thermostat with housing
2 stroker

·
Registered
287 Posts
do the restore and restore + flush and switch to cat ec-1 rated elc. do that on the old oil cooler. you wouldn't wanna clog a new, good oil cooler.

you could replace the blue boots with the dieselsite ones and do the ccv mod, which is a must for people who tow.

you could get some 5w-40 fully sythetic oil and an ams oil bypass filter. just a thought

·
Bad spark plug! No cookie
32 Posts
Youll need a set of torx bits to remove the oil/fuel filter housing. Found out the hard way. Gave me a good excuse to break out the motorcycle and hang out at Home Depot :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts