Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new DiPricol Gauges last night. On the Trans Gauge, I used a regular electrical connector with 16ga. electrical wire from the supplied sending unit, to the gauge. On my way to work this morning, the gauge barely got off of the needle (maybe to 100*). Is my wire too small? Or is this the correct temp that I should be seeing? BTW, it was in the low 40's this morning if that makes a difference. The built in trans gauge went up to normal as usual and stayed there.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I guess its probably about right. Dont know how far you drive, but in the cold mine barely comes off the the 100 mark unless im driving for a long while. I think you are fine. You cant trust the dash one...

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess its probably about right. Dont know how far you drive, but in the cold mine barely comes off the the 100 mark unless im driving for a long while. I think you are fine. You cant trust the dash one...
Thanks. I drive about 16 miles to work, and let it idle 10 min at the house before leaving. Thats why I upgraded. Those dash trans gauges are as bad as the MPG lie-o-meters.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I installed my new DiPricol Gauges last night. On the Trans Gauge, I used a regular electrical connector with 16ga. electrical wire from the supplied sending unit, to the gauge. On my way to work this morning, the gauge barely got off of the needle (maybe to 100*). Is my wire too small? Or is this the correct temp that I should be seeing? BTW, it was in the low 40's this morning if that makes a difference. The built in trans gauge went up to normal as usual and stayed there.

Where did you stick the sensor?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Test Port on the drivers side of the transmission, almost at the front.
Sounds about the right place. It is kinda cold though so that might just skew the results. I usually see about 60 above ambient with my 6.0 cooler running on stock mode.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. Ill just leave it alone and drive it a while. The tell-tell sign will be when I hook up to a trailer.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Ill just leave it alone and drive it a while. The tell-tell sign will be when I hook up to a trailer.
If you really want to know, use an infra red thermometer and shoot the pan to get a rough idea. Better yet, shoot the sensor since it will probably be at the temp it should be seeing.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
that sounds about right i have my sensor in the same place as you do and it takes a good 30-45 mins of driving before it even moves. my stock in-dash gauge is already up to the normal range way before my aftermarket gauge moves. I never see more than 140-150 unless towing something heavy. but i do have a 6.0 cooler too.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
I thought the same thing when I first put a gauge in mine......is this thing working? Although I put my sender in the pan I would rarely see the needle go above 100 with light driving. Actually I was kinda shocked when I hooked on to the trailer cause the gauge actually moved.LOL

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
That sounds right to me too.. Typically your tranny temps run about 70-ish degrees above the outside ambient air temps.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts

How close is your LieOMeter just out of curosity?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How close is your LieOMeter just out of curosity?
I'm drivin an XL. It didn't come with any luxury equipment. Seems like I cant go a whole tank of fuel without pulling a trailer, so It throws my MPG average off. If I had Cruise Control, I would be getting a whole lot better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts