Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have about 130k on my truck and she is still running like a champ. i have sct with custom tunes from innovative, southbend clutch, straight pipe exhaust, and a afe intake. i have ran it pretty hard at times and never had any coolant loss or any issues really. has she already been studded? if so how can i tell? i bought it from a dealer that said it was all stock. but with this many miles and how i like to burn rubber and be sideways i would think i would have blown it up already. what do u guys think?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Some trucks don't pop. Look just below your valve cover do you see a 6point head bolt ? Or a 12 point nut ? That will tell you wether or not you have studs.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Take a picture of one of the valve covers and we will tell you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a picture of the valve cover? Just the outside? And as for under the valve covers which one is stock and which one is after market?

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
doesnt matter whats under the valve covers, you can see if it has studs very easily without taking anything apart.

I've looked at a few trucks for friends claiming theyre studded, and I just point and laugh when I call them out otherwise.. :doh:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
The studs are a bit tricky to see but I found the easiest one to spot is the passenger side front, just down from the valve cover.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Just below the rocker box do you see the 5 head bolts thats stock.

Same location thats studs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome guys thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
was also interested thanks guys thats alot of help

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Yea it's pretty easy to check a truck for studs. I like looking on the driver's side forward most stud is right there easy to see. Had to break the news to my neighbor's dad.....luckily the dealership gave him $1300 back!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats crazy! i hope mine is studded... i really dont want to blow it.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Just because you find studs there, doesn't mean you wont blow headgaskets. Unfortunately, more often than not,a lot of headgasket jobs are not really done correctly and they usually fail anyways. There is a lot that goes into doing that job the right way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
So whats the verdict? Studed or not?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
idk im on the otherside of the world! haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts