Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The original $5 foot long
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering about getting a used trans outta an OBS and then getting the Extreme Duty rebuild kit from Sun Coast so that if/when my stocker goes out, Id have a built replacement ready to go and then Id just need to buy a good TC to go with it...BUT, is rebuilding a E4OD a task just any one can do themselves at home? I was just thinking this would save alot of coin

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
The original $5 foot long
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link! Im sure your right about them having their touches they add...

You guys know if that kit I mentioned would be the way to go? I would just want it to be able to take the power of the stuff in my sig plus stage 1's/2's

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Talk to RacerX. He's a good guy on the E4OD, and he sells the parts. Between a few e-mails to him, and a good rebuild manual, it wouldn't be too bad as long as you take your time.

·
Heath
441 Posts
x2 on RacerX. Bills a great guy. I think there is a write up with a ton of pics of his kit install on TDS-or maybe the .org-forget where

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Best option for a DYI is from one of the best trans experts..John Wood has a kit give him a call.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Cant go wrong with racer X. Honestly a shift kit/valve body and a good triple disk TC is all thats really needed for stage 1 or 2 injectors with the proper tuning and not driving it like you stole it all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts