Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DIY tymar 6637 filter.

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  casper7.3 
#1 ·
hello

i am thinking of doing the DIY Tymar with the 6637 filter, But... how do you all keep the battery from rolling around in there?? i had to pull all that wonderfull stuff out the other day and replace a headlight bulb.. and it was like wait a second.. everything is on one box..???

thanks for the help

-Rob

#2 ·
hmmm...I just pulled the factory air filter box and the new filter pretty much "press fits into the cavity...my battery didn't need any help...you'll love the diff this simple mod makes...;))

mojo

#3 ·
I just used a hacksaw and cut away the bottom plate that the battery sits on then bolted it back down and the srewed the battery back down to it. Seems to work pretty good.....

#4 ·
the air filter part of the box will unbolt from the battery part. you may need to do some minor trimming on the battery side but it will fit in there. you can even use the battery lid part of the box which i'didn't. but can still be used

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.