Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys kinda new to the whole deisel motor world and i am wondering what are all the diy mods u can do to the 7.3l i know theres an intake but what else any info would be helpful thanks!

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
go to napa get a 6637 air filter, straight pipe it, throw in a boost and pyro, and let ur addiction begin. if ur interested in a chip got to phptune.com best bang for ur buck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the intake i have the strsight pipe i have a bost pyro anf egt gauges and a tw chip and i know there has to be tons more homeade mods u can do to ur truck but what are they

·
Registered
82 Posts
could always do the crank case vent mod.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the crank case vent mod and 95 powersmoker wat are all those mods and wat do they do

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
fpr shim is where you put a BB into the fuel pressure regulator... increases fuel pressure.... or you can prolly go to ford and get a fuel pressure regulator for a cali model obs.

ccv mod is where to reroute the crank case vent out of the intake and either into a catch can or out into the open.

idm isnt really a do it yourself if you arent good with small electronics cause it can cause damage to your idm.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
If you know how to use a soldering iron, then the idm mod is a diy. It cost less than a dollar and if you take your time and are careful, you wont damage your idm. There are about a million step by step instructions of how to do this mod which will be able to help you through it. and im sure anyone on here would help you if you need.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow i am confused ####less i dont know witch one 2 try or what will effect my other mods

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Definitely do the Fpr shim. Test your fuel pressure now and see what it is. you want to get it up to around 70 i believe. if you go over 80, then you need to take the shim out cuz you will overwork the fuel pump. You can decide if the 140v idm mod is worth it for yourself. Do a search on here for it and try to find some pictures. It really does take less than an hour, it cost less than a dollar and if you do mess it up, you go to the junk yard and find another idm out of any 94-03 truck and use that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
if you know how to weld build your own bumpers or bumper light bar. I'm currently elbows deep in building my own stacks, grill, bumpers, and eventually toolbox. i love welding lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah i did my fuel presure had a resonable increase and a little better throttle response thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts