Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pullin for the first time with a heavy load up some very steep hills with the Intake i made and when i floored it going up a hill and i would let go of the gas it would make a weird hissing noise is that normal?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hissing could be a boost or exhaust leak

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
It's the surge you've never heard, and the turbo "bark" that you never heard with the stock box. I'd be willing to bet money that is all...

That being said, when I first joined, I had the same question, and everyone insisted it was nothing but surge... It ended up being a torn boot! LOL

So check around. Do you have a boost gauge? I remember fixing the boot and it felt like going from a stock truck to a chipped. LOL

That boot had probably been blown since the day I bought the truck. :doh:

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
yeah what? if you heard a whoosh sound then its normal...... hissing.....?
To clarify :whs:: With a stock box you won't hear it as much. Im assuming your DIY intake is an open element filter. Which in turn amplifies the wooshing or hissing that you described. No worries, it's normal.

Now for what theSLEEPER is telling you, chirping or barking,... That is a totally different sound. It will literally sound like something is breaking. It's a very distinctive sound and you can't miss it. Chirping is BAD and you want to avoid it as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the surge you've never heard, and the turbo "bark" that you never heard with the stock box. I'd be willing to bet money that is all...

That being said, when I first joined, I had the same question, and everyone insisted it was nothing but surge... It ended up being a torn boot! LOL

So check around. Do you have a boost gauge? I remember fixing the boot and it felt like going from a stock truck to a chipped. LOL

That boot had probably been blown since the day I bought the truck. :doh:
dont have a boost guage yet getting one soon. One sound was like the filter was being squished like sucking soo much air it bent the filter but the filter look perfect the other sound was
at the time 1:30 thats what mine pretty much sounds like.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh okay. I only happen when im pulling up a hill. Any way cure it?

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
oh okay. I only happen when im pulling up a hill. Any way cure it?
When you are pulling the hill it happens when you have your foot into or when you let off the accelerator?

If it happens when with your foot in it that is surge. Surge is NOT a good thing for the turbo. A wicked wheel might help and is pretty cheap. I'm sure most of our sponsors here carry them. Or you can go with a ported compressor housing, which will definitely cure it. Again pretty sure most of the sponsors on here could hook you up.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when i let off

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you messed with your wastegate at all?
I unpluged it once rode with it one day put it back, never pulled anything with the red wire off. other then that nope.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
when i let off
Nothing to worry about. Learn to enjoy it. With a little practice, you can even make it a bit louder.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love it, actually. My dad rode in my truck and said something is wrong with ur turbo what did you do.LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts