Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have been running the diy intake kit. I would like to replace the rubber accorden style hosing with metal exhaust piping or something like that. I've looked at a ton of diy threads but seems everyone puts a small piece of 3-4 inch pipe and then puts the filter on the end. I wanted something that looked a bit better and to get rid of as much of that rubber hosing as I can. Even if I can get rid or the rubber piece that goes from the filter itself into the second rubber hose id be happy. I'm doing this for a better sound (not being muffled by the ribbing inside the pipe) and also a a cleaner under hood look. If anyone knows where I can get the piping online that I need or what I would need including what angle the bend needs to be and how long the pipe needs to be id appreciate it. Or if you have made your own and have a piping set to sell for the intake id be interested in that also. Thank you (please pm if you want to sell the piping)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't have any pictures of mine on my computer but I used a piece of 4" exhaust with the bend to creat my intake piping...unfortunately you have to use the end piece of your plastic intake to make it work....but everything is very easy to do on it.

Chad

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
End of the plastic intake are you talking about the piece from the turbo and then running metal exhaust piping from the filter to that plastic piece. What is the degree of the bend you used and how long of a piece was it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just used 4" ABS pipe and made a seal to fit over the CCV, like where the accordian hose hooks onto, nearest the turbo. pretty easy, the only problem though is I have to take the whole assembly off all the way to the turbo when I change my filter

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check out eBay b**** custom intakes
At a decent price
But you have to do ccv mod useing it

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't have a pic of mine I don't remember the lengths or the bends, but when I get home in a few months you'll probably already have one built....

Chad

·
Registered
6 Posts
i bought like 19" of 4" mandrel bent 45 degrees. i have to cut off a few in to make it fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts