Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
buddy just did the diy stage 2's about a month ago and hasn't had a problem. Truck runs like a top

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
I think they are a great idea if your injectors are up to tip top condition and you know what your doing. also I believe there is no point in stage 2's or 3's unless your have all the other supporting mods, such as upgraded hpop, turbo, trans, intercooler and fuel system.

·
852 Posts
buddy ordered the stage 1 kit from dpppower then decided to go with stage2's and ordered the nozzles directly from rosewood

·
your mom
211 Posts
put the stage 2s in it. if you put stage 1s in it you will wish you put 2s. dont waste ur time on 1s

·
852 Posts
thats exactly why my buddy decided to order the larger nozzles. Because he didn't want to do all that work and know that he was going to want stage 2's soon so he just did it all the first time

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Stage-1 are a great upgrade for the older trucks, they work well with the stock turbo, fuel sytem, etc.

Stage-2 require a larger turbo, larger fuel system, upgraded trans/clutch etc.
So if you DON'T have plans to go big with everything else, the Stage-1 will be plenty. They add about 140 hp to the wheels, and considering a stock truck pulls around 180 at the wheels, the Stage-1 are darn near doubling the power of a stock truck, with good tunes of course.

Also, I'd say 9 out of 10 sets of the older AA/AO I work on need all new Plunger & Barrels, and a lot of times the nozzles don't flow well, either, and need to be replaced. So the DIY Kits are attractive at first, just keep in mind once you have them apart, pay close attention to everything else or all your work will be for nothing. If the tolerances aren't addressed, or the bad parts are not replaced, you won't gain anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts