Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around for this mod, and found some different ways to do it. Some more complicated than others, some date back to 2002. Anyone have something upto date, simple, and effective?

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah i should of mentioned that... i talked to jody about adding it to my f6, He suggested the DIY method as it wouldnt have to switch the pcm each time i need the high idle.....He must know how cold it gets up here in CAN. lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
do what i did if you have a 4x4 truck with the manual shifter, notch a 2x4 so it wont slip on the shifter then cut it to lengh. i cut mine so i was able to move it up and down on the shifter so mine could idle where i wanted it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do what i did if you have a 4x4 truck with the manual shifter, notch a 2x4 so it wont slip on the shifter then cut it to lengh. i cut mine so i was able to move it up and down on the shifter so mine could idle where i wanted it.
I figure every 1/4" notch should give me about 100 rpm. Getting on my recip. saw right now. Thanks lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
Maybe Jody was thinking you had an 05+ :rolleyes:. Update your F6 and be done with it.

·
Dead Member
204 Posts
Maybe Jody was thinking you had an 05+ :rolleyes:. Update your F6 and be done with it.

+1 Had it programed on my F5 @ 1800 rpm. I drop my truck into 4L set the chip and trail through the dessert. It also help the batteries on a cold morning when unloading the bikes and running the lights on the trailer in the pits.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Ford aic can be had for cheap sometimes

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I told Jody to set me up, some of these wiring diagrams look a fair bit involved, i just dont have the time..........just a v-notch you say?..lol

Quick question for those with jodys high idle tunes.

if im driving along and jump to a high idle program from say 80e accidentally, what happens?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I told Jody to set me up, some of these wiring diagrams look a fair bit involved, i just dont have the time..........just a v-notch you say?..lol

Quick question for those with jodys high idle tunes.

if im driving along and jump to a high idle program from say 80e accidentally, what happens?
The RPMs will increase or decrease to the specified value.

·
Dead Member
204 Posts
On the tuner switch start with a stock setting, hi idle, 40 tow, etc. work your way up the scale......

This way the chances of bumping to an extreme setting is minimal if you should have a fat thumb.:D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, just thought it may make some other adjustments like tranny settings....things you dont want while driving.
thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill see if i can get a picture of it lol
please do, i would like to know if its spruce, fir, was thinking cedar would give the cab a nice smell also.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup, he thought i was someone else. same name and last name close too...long lost brother?????

done deal sent the file in 5 mins. love it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts