Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching.....searching, tryin to get this figured out. I want to use to 3 pos switch for on,off,on with brakes. I don't care about any fancy indicator lights ect. So far best info ive found is EBPV brake diagram from diesel stop. IVe looked at 100 threads and they start out, get a few answers and then die......not helpful to me.

Like anybody got a pic of the resistors and how they are sodered into the wire's at turbo????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got back from radio shack.....got wrong switch from autozone, for the life of me I can't get the dash bezel off. Im hung up on the hl switch.....see a little slot in the knob...pushed in still won't come out or is it on back in towards the fire wall??

I already had a decent selection of connectors, wire, fuse's, swrink wrap ect.

Ive got 1x On/Off/On toggle switch 10A w/6 connectors on the back. #275-1533

1xRed LED #276-0084 1xGreen LED #276-0085

1x pack of 3 Rectifier Diodes 1.5A-1000V 276-1114

1x Truck in Carport with half the dash out.....haha Here's some pic's im gonna post as I go along since I haven't seen one pic of this anywhere, hopefully it will help someone in the future...yall help me as I go along please...

What do I need to do to get the HL switch to come out??????????????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I just yanked on mine....... but it was already cracked and came off fairly easy, I can have my dash bezal and gauge cluster out in like 5 mins lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just yanked on mine....... but it was already cracked and came off fairly easy, I can have my dash bezal and gauge cluster out in like 5 mins lol
Mine's cracked a little too........along with the 2 7mm bolts under the "fake wood/black plastic cover's (didn't know they were under there) I think 1 side was alreaddy broke............picked up some plastic weld when I was at advance for reasons like this and that the previous owner had a cigerete fire in the ash tray.

I just hate breakin chit doin projects like these.........if it's not broke fix it till it is. lol, that why I havn't been in a big hurry cause the truck isn't my daily driver and can sit till maybe Tuesday or so....

Anybody know/have an educated guess on how to remove the switch??? It might not be functioning as it's supposed to cause I can tell stuff's been took apart before.....

·
02 CCSB
118 Posts
Your first picture in your first post showing the location of the screwdriver is coorect. Push the screwdriver blade into the slot on the knob until you reach the metal retainer around the headlight switch rod. While applying pressure inward like you are trying to turn off the lights pull towards you with the screwdriver. The metal retainer tang should move towards you and release allowing you to pull the knob off. To reinstall just clock the knob to line back up on the triangular shaft and push on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts