Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was at my local diesel shop gettin a price on a boost fooler i was told by a guy that works their that you can make your own boost fooler by just grounding out the map sensor? he said all you have to do is tap the green and black wire on your map and run a wire to the nearest bolt on your hood and wa-la theirs your fooled map sensor.

is this true? kinda sounds like it would work but i dont know much about the map sensor system but i would think it would pop an ses light?

·
Loud pipes save lives
311 Posts
If you ground it out it seems like your map would never see boost and never fuel all the way. You can just use an air regulator set a few lbs. lower than what throws codes. Put one end to an air hose and a gauge on the other to set it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I made my own boost fooler from a small air pressure regulator. It has work flawlessly for about 3 years now.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
With correct tuning you dont need a boost fooler but thats for another thread.

I would never just ground out the MAP that will make it so the PCM wont see any boost at all and wont fuel right.

If you really need one then make your own of buy one from a sponsor here.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
If you go here and read up why the air regulator does not work correctly. As far as that goes I have been using one for over a year now but I don't believe it has been letting my truck run correctly. But I do not know because that is all I have ever run on it.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
while i was at my local diesel shop gettin a price on a boost fooler i was told by a guy that works their that you can make your own boost fooler by just grounding out the map sensor? he said all you have to do is tap the green and black wire on your map and run a wire to the nearest bolt on your hood and wa-la theirs your fooled map sensor.

is this true? kinda sounds like it would work but i dont know much about the map sensor system but i would think it would pop an ses light?
You don't just ground it with a wire. You put a zener in the wire.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
possibly....but I have heard mixed results with the electrical boost fooler
sp diesel design that strokinearly99 had...he ended up smashing it with a hammer. if you get the itp design do not play with it , as tempting as it is to spin in around before you install it you will get it out of calibration.
just put it in and tweak it, and remember how you adjust it so you can undo it if needed.

as far as the regulated blow off designs bleeding off boost.....that is a bunch of hoo-ey. it is a tiny pin hole and far less then a mouse fart.

dieselsite, di and itp all have good designs.
I know of one outfit that tried to copy the dieselsite design and left out a small feature that made it not work.

on a side note matt can tune out the need for a fooler all together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts