Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 F350 Dually

Just swapped my 10.25 with a broken ring and pinion for another 10.25. The wheel cylinders were leaking on that rear anyways. Then the wheel cylinders were leaking on the rear I swapped in. Just replaced the wheel cylinders 2 days ago with new quality wheel cylinders. All new fluid run through.One is already leaking... I'm done messing with time consuming drum brakes.

I already wanted to swap for many other reason. This just finalizes it. Can someone confirm my check list? Is there something I am missing or have wrong?

All part numbers are from RockAuto.

1985-1989 Front Cadillac Elderado Calipers
*Front L Part# Raybestos FRC4261 $50.79
*Front R Part# Raybestos FRC4262 $50.79

96 E350 Rotors (Dual real wheels): $25 each
*Part# Raybestos 66834R

Caliper brackets - $60 (From ruffstuffspecialties)

Make custom brake like hoses from local hose and fitting company. (Unless these can be purchased pre built?)

·
Project Shamu
2,573 Posts
That's pretty much it, but I gotta say, you probably wont be very impressed with the kits like this, as they provide sub-par braking performance.

I looked into it for a long time, and without spending big money on a big brake kit, it's not worth it, so I swapped in a 10.5 with disc brakes already in it. Works great and was practically bolt in and go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I originally wanted to swap the compete 10.5 in. But they are not cheap in my area. Cheapest I found for a 10.5 rear was $500. Then I still need to redrill the axles for the correct bolt pattern with the correct thread studs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know the specs on the brake lines? Flare type? Thread? Length? So I can have them made ahead of time? I can't really have the truck on too much downtime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts