Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i have a truck for daily driving, i can start to put more money into the 91.

Here is what will be happening:

*building up my 7.3 (similar to Racinndrummin, but go more into the bottom end)
*ORU reverse shackle kit and rear flip
*5.13 gears
*ZF 5 speed
*Paint job

I have no set timeline so i will be purchasing the engine parts while the other mods are taking place. I plan on hangin around here for a while :psn: so sit back and enjoy, and suggestions are always welcome! Ive got a $20,000 budget for this build. im already in at around 8000 (2200 was in tires that i will be selling)

now for my favorite part:evil before she goes under the knife i will max my fuel and unplug the wastegate and well see what these 20 year old gaskets can handle! :badidea:

·
Caught a big one!
666 Posts
Oh wow, now you're building an engine, how is that not surprising?

And if your truck doesn't belong in BGTL it will after this.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, now you're building an engine, how is that not surprising?

And if your truck doesn't belong in BGTL it will after this.
lol doesnt it already?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Building IDI's.... its a catching trend. Get on board!:psn:
Mine is coming along slowly. Just bolt ons for now, then studs and a cam, then a full build... it is catching on though.

·
Caught a big one!
666 Posts
I'll be sticking to the proven power making engines, after all no numbers have been laid down yet, I think people keep forgetting that.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be sticking to the proven power making engines, after all no numbers have been laid down yet, I think people keep forgetting that.
not like we're competing... just getting more then 185hp is fine with me! :ford: im just doing this build because i can. im not building a tow rig, not building a wheeler, just one badazz rig! so im not to concerned with the numbers that i produce. and with the amount of blowby mine is making i think its time for a rebuild/new motor anyways

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ok... I like all diesels but I like doing something different. You can stick to what you prefer and I will stick to what I prefer. And even though their new builds haven't been dynoed yet, it is obvious to me that they will put down more than an ample amount of power. So it will be good for us idi guys. I'm not trying to be an a**, I just wanted to say that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry bout the rant. But anyway, Is that a engine you are building on the side or did you pull your engine?

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
He has a spare engine in his garage... Im sure thats the one he's building... Dirtydiesel probably has more parts than NMB2 and I combined...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Cool. Is it a 6.9 or 7.3?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Cool. Look forward to the build.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He has a spare engine in his garage... Im sure thats the one he's building... Dirtydiesel probably has more parts than NMB2 and I combined...
lol the comment you made "an idi exploded and had babies in my garage" its cleaned up a bit since then

yes its a 1990 7.3l, i got that, a zf5 (w/ everything needed for install) ats 093 turbo (everything but valve cover) kingpin dana 60, 1356 T-case with double knuckle front drive shaft, and some other odds and ends for $1700 on craigslist. id say that was a good deal.

i think the main problem i will run into will be just getting the engine in and out of the truck

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks like a good list. Also, why would you have a problem getting the engine in and out? Finding a hoist tall enough? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Lol

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a good list. Also, why would you have a problem getting the engine in and out? Finding a hoist tall enough? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Lol
yes, especially after the rsk. might have to set it on the axle or somethin. also need to decide if i want to keep the brick nose or go with the obs front clip

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
yes, especially after the rsk. might have to set it on the axle or somethin. also need to decide if i want to keep the brick nose or go with the obs front clip
Obs ftw

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
I like the bricknose, but i have to admit i like the "obs" better. Just wtf does obs stand for anyway?

·
Sofa King Awesome.
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 160 Posts