Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I've been looking for an older diesel truck for a few months now, since I don't have a whole lot of money, and I guy wants to sell me an 04 F250 super crew that supposedly has a 7.3 powerstroke in it. he only wants $3500 canadian for it because it has 800,000km (497,000miles). he said he would safety it. he said he changes oil every 10k and always used fuel conditioner. he said it runs great and he'll only have to add a liter of oil at 9k miles on the oil change. I know that's a crap load of miles even for a 7.3, and I think I know the answer but for the money is it worth a look? he said it original tranny, engine and injectors.

·
Registered
853 Posts
It couldn't be an 04 with a 7.3 they stopped putting 7.3s in our trucks in 03 it would be a 6.no. And yes almost half a million miles is a crap ton of miles for a 7.3 especially if its all original injectors and trans I would bet either one is on its last leg and do u me he changes the oil every 10k miles ir 10000 kilometers if its 10k miles that isn't good unless he uses synthetic and that's stretching it I would take it to a reputable shop and have the injectors and trans gone through

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Non synthetic oil every 3500-5000 MILES. Synthetic 7500-10k

But unless Canada is different the 7.3 was last produced in 03' trucks along side the 6.0.

I bought mine in 2011 for $5975 u.s. 338,400 miles.

It now has 637,706

·
Registered
708 Posts
Assuming Canadian models are the same as American models, And it indeed is a 6.0, I definitely would not buy a 6.0 with that many miles, they're garbage motors. I wouldn't even pay $3500 for a 6.0 with 25 thousand miles on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew that in 04 they had 6.0's but the guy kept saying but its a 7.3. I think I stay away from this one lol. he changed the oil every 10,000 KM and said he used synthetic but I think i'll keep looking for one with a few less miles

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I knew that in 04 they had 6.0's but the guy kept saying but its a 7.3. I think I stay away from this one lol. he changed the oil every 10,000 KM and said he used synthetic but I think i'll keep looking for one with a few less miles
good idea because he doesn't know what he has or hes straight flat out lying to try to sell it to a sucker who also knows nothing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It might be a 7.3, I remember reading that the 7.3 was still being sold in certain other countries after 2003, like Australia for instance.

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Its easy to figure out. Just pop the hood and look youll know for sure without a doubt if its a 6.0 or 7.3. Take a couple pics of 7.3s if you never saw one and match it up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It might be a 7.3, I remember reading that the 7.3 was still being sold in certain other countries after 2003, like Australia for instance.
Yeap...I bet it is a 7.3

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
But still North America. Australia is a completely different continent. I would think they would change the whole continent but just one country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts