Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate to start a thread on just this but can anyone tell me where they got their suncoast direct solenoid and how much it was

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Re: direct solenoid

Go to the sponsors link and look for cobbs diesel performane....Google stuff and it usually helps btw.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Go to the sponsors link and look for cobbs diesel performane....Google stuff and it usually helps btw.
ive googled it all night trying to find a price and have came up with nothing also looked at cobbs website and also found nothing thats why im asking

What tuning do you run?

i finally found a 08 250 i like and am looking at ordering parts etc and going to run the spartan 310, plan on goin with the 345 when it comes out. Right now im just thinking of doing the torque converter and solenoid to prolong the transmission life

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

The solenoid isn't going to do anything but increase line pressure on the 3-5 shift. Spartan tuning already takes care of this, so there really is no need to go with the solenoid. It will save you $200 to put towards something else. I do recommend a torque converter if you are going to run the 310 tune and bigger. Definitely would be good insurance. The internals seem to be fairly strong, but they won't last forever.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The solenoid isn't going to do anything but increase line pressure on the 3-5 shift. Spartan tuning already takes care of this, so there really is no need to go with the solenoid. It will save you $200 to put towards something else. I do recommend a torque converter if you are going to run the 310 tune and bigger. Definitely would be good insurance. The internals seem to be fairly strong, but they won't last forever.

well thats great info ive just heard alot about the solenoid and how hard the shift points are is there anything you recommend for that

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts

well thats great info ive just heard alot about the solenoid and how hard the shift points are is there anything you recommend for that
Yeah, traction bars. It smooths out the jolt big time.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

The Suncoast solenoid will actually make the 3-5 shift even harder with Spartan tuning. If you are looking to ease up the shifts, traction bars are going to be the best thing to add to the truck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

ok thanks alot to everybody for the help i really appreciate it so i need to build myself a set of traction bars is there any weld on kits out there

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

also how much does the spartan tcm help everything is it worth the 700 dollars

·
Registered
9,722 Posts

ok thanks alot to everybody for the help i really appreciate it so i need to build myself a set of traction bars is there any weld on kits out there
I am putting a set of Pro Comp traction bars on this week. They are bolt on. OUO and Farmboy Fab bars seem to be pretty popular kits as well. They both require welding.

The Spartan TCM really helps a lot on the Job 1 trucks. Job 2 and 3 trucks have pretty good TCM's. If you plan on doing competition type stuff with the 310 and 345 tune, the TCM would probably be a worthwhile investment IMO.

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts

If you goal is to run 310 and 345 as DD, the Spartan tcm would be wise, you will signifigantly increase the longevity of your trans. I run it and it helps smooth out the bangy shifts to a degree if that bothers you, but tractions help the most

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts

I am putting a set of Pro Comp traction bars on this week. They are bolt on. OUO and Farmboy Fab bars seem to be pretty popular kits as well. They both require welding.

OUO does not require welding.

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts

I thought that they did....I know Mike's are welded on.
OUO makes both variants, weld on and bolt. I run the ouo bolt on 5" blocks w/ icon level kit. Fit and finish is simply the best, imo.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

well thanks for all your guys help now i gotta decide if i wana buy a prebuilt set or completely fab my own

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts

mike who? both sets of mine are bolt on... i had the pro comp bars years back..the OUO bars blow them away..but its a matter of money and taste.
LOL! Ergo everything.. I just can't seem to make my tastes go down as my income goes up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts