Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering where to get one of these? And also the EDM solenoid? I think thats right. Anyone have one?

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
What do you mean edm solenoid? Haven't heard of that one. I believe you can get the Suncoast solenoid thru Diesel Innovations though. It's not listed on their site but you can call and order it. Diesel Innovations

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
So what does the solenoid do for the trans ?

·
Rollin' Coal
291 Posts
This solenoid rocks on a stock tranny. With mine in the shifts are a lot firmer than they were with just tuning. I would reccomend it to anyone. It's not hard to put in either, just pull the pan and throw it in.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
what is it run price wise??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Cobbs did have it on his website for $160ish IIRC or heck you can order them straight from suncoast.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that the direct solenoid is the middle one in the rear bank of solenoids.... which one is the pressure control solenoid?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I replaced one a while back with help from brian at BTS over the phone.

My truck had a delay in shifting from park-drive/reverse. He referred to it as a "pressure control solenoid" and it was on the far right on the front bank. I remember it saying something similiar on the ford parts box when I bought it... I'm sure if you gave him a call he could answer any questions about the trans for you...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the bad 3-5 shift flare and the suncoast direct solenoid fixed the problem

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Brent Direct is spelled with one ( R ) LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i think you have to drop the solenoid body for that one, its above the rest of them.
:whs:

There are 7 Variable Force Solenoids (VFS):

1) PC-A, this is the line pressure control that the whole solenoid body assembly must be dropped;
2) TCC, Torque Converter Clutch
(The Shift Solenoid Pressure Control Solenoids)
3) SSPC-A, coast clutch;
4) SSPC-B, overdrive;
5) SSPC-C, intermediate;
6) SSPC-D, direct clutch; and
7) SSPC-E, low reverse.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts