Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that if I drive my truck for longer periods of time (more than 1 hour), my HPOP gauge starts to read lower and lower. For example, at idle I can hook up AE and see my ICP at just over 500, yet the gauge will show 200 psi.

When I first start up the truck, and for a short time driving, it reads pretty accurate (usually within 25 psi of AE).

Anyone ever have this happen? Thoughts?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Its an issue with the gauge... PM michael about it... You have to find away to turn the power off and back on again... There pyros and there fuel pressure gauges were doing the same thing...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yup, what he said. Best bet (aside from changing brands ;) ) is to wire in a switch so you can power the gauge off then back on while driving.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Yup, what he said. Best bet (aside from changing brands ;) ) is to wire in a switch so you can power the gauge off then back on while driving.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

If I understand correctly, by cutting power to the gauge for a quick second will reset the stepper motor.
Sometimes my pyro and trans. gauge will read extremely hot and I have to pull over and reset them by shutting the truck off and back on.
I have talked to Dipricol about the issue several times and they have given me no attention to the issue.
Dennis at ITP has pulled them from his website just recently.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Well damn.
If I understand correctly, by cutting power to the gauge for a quick second will reset the stepper motor.
Sometimes my pyro and trans. gauge will read extremely hot and I have to pull over and reset them by shutting the truck off and back on.
I have talked to Dipricol about the issue several times and they have given me no attention to the issue.
Dennis at ITP has pulled them from his website just recently.
Just a small momentary switch will fix the issue... The black one next to the red one is a momentary switch for the peak recall on my Isspro Performax gauges.

Just run your gauge power thru it and press it for a second.

It sucks, I know the dodge boys fight the issue as well.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Has this always been an issue with Optix gauges or just with recent ones? I've had mine for a few years and have not had any problems.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Has this always been an issue with Optix gauges or just with recent ones? I've had mine for a few years and have not had any problems.
We started hearing about it about 3 years ago, and then starting playing with them...

It does not seem to be all of them or have anything to do with the way they are wired... Just one of those things. Most people dont drive long enough to notice it.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Most people dont drive long enough to notice it.
I must be one of the lucky ones. The shortest time I ever drive that truck is about 1.5 hours. Most of the driving is 5-10 hours at a time.

·
1,079 Posts
I've seen my DiPricol fuel pressure and pyro both read roughly double an expected value on many occasions..I've thought about a small switch at the bottom of the pillar, but it hasn't happened enough for me to get it done.

I e-mailed DiPricol 2 years ago about the issue and never got a response..

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me it's only the HPOP gauge that does it. The pyro, boost, and fuel pressure gauges all work just fine.

But I have noticed that cutting the power and restarting the truck resets the HPOP gauge, and it's accurate again for a while.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Curtis if you decide to Email them I would provide a link to this thread.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Looking back in my notes on this issue I spoke with Eric in tech support back in June 2007 and no resolution was given to the problem. I even called again on1/22/10 and asked for Eric again to discuss this issue and I was told Eric was running late and would return my call, and to this date I got no return call.

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Looking back in my notes on this issue I spoke with Eric in tech support back in June 2007 and no resolution was given to the problem. I even called again on1/22/10 and asked for Eric again to discuss this issue and I was told Eric was running late and would return my call, and to this date I got no return call.
You have an issue with a gauge and you call tech support every 2.5 years? I'd call them every 2 hours until I got it solved. If that didn't work I'd replace it with another brand and tell every one I could about their junk gauge.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
In a discussion with him he blamed it on my Nextel phone interfering with the gauges. IMO that would be RF interference. On whose fault phone or gauge?

·
mmmm...beer....
418 Posts
In a discussion with him he blamed it on my Nextel phone interfering with the gauges. IMO that would be RF interference. On whose fault phone or gauge?
I don't have a dog in this fight but....

Does anyone else find this to be absolutely rediculous? If a gauge is malfunctioning due to one of the most common electronic devices around today, I'd say the gauge is at fault. Seriously, the electronic shielding is so poor a cell phone will interfere? Cmon.... Dipricol has some work to do if that is the case.:doh::pointlaugh:

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
I know its slightly off subject, but has anyone tired to get DiPricol guages lately? Almost seems like they are going under. I have noticed some places are no longer carrying them, and have heard that people have been waiting on pyro's for months...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I know its slightly off subject, but has anyone tired to get DiPricol guages lately? Almost seems like they are going under. I have noticed some places are no longer carrying them, and have heard that people have been waiting on pyro's for months...
They have been having some major issues for about 18 months now. But what company has not unless you work for the fed's...

Will they make it? I cant say, there gauges are nice and priced good, but there production issues just have been killing them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts