Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 96 7.3 E-350 changed oil engine clean no oil leaks till 3-4 day's later noticed spot where sitting overnight. All wet around dip stick area. In order to change the o ring does the pan have to be removed? Or what is all involved?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Here's something to give you an idea with factory parts: https://www.dieselorings.com/docs/dipstikflange.pdf
They have the parts too. The are other, albeit more expensive, fixes out there as well. Not sure about the vans, but to remove the pan on a truck you have to remove the engine. Cheers!

·
PSN intsigator
6,383 Posts
I ordered the kit from Strictly Diesel and no more leak or worries

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response Patrick, at almost 70 I'm not as limber or agile as once was. This is first leak like that in 332K. Another thought was super clean areas with break clean, and as a temp repair use a silicon that can just seal the complete area with the stickumpucky till I can get someone to do that repair like you sent. It's non pressurized, doesn't leak a lot.and is just making an oily mess of my undercarriage that's been so clean all these years..

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Others have tried the silicon idea but they have never got it to seal up, it still leaked.

Here is a link to the adapter that heavydoc referenced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts