Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a leak with the fitting that goes thru the oil pan, the flange on the back side of it is distorted so a new oring would not keep it from leaking.

Used lots of rtv on the nut and threads hope to hell it works or I'll have to pull the damn engine to take the pan off and replace it.

Just thought I would share my frustration with fords excellent idea.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
You can always try the International fix for the problem:

Oil Dipstick Gasket Repair Kit
(International) 1846146C91

Cheers!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had a leak with the fitting that goes thru the oil pan, the flange on the back side of it is distorted so a new oring would not keep it from leaking.

Used lots of rtv on the nut and threads hope to hell it works or I'll have to pull the damn engine to take the pan off and replace it.

Just thought I would share my frustration with fords excellent idea.
The flange on the back side is NORMALLY distorded, is not FLAT from factory :doh:
I agree with the frustation with that fords excellent idea :eek:
Glad to hear that you dont have leaks; did you use the RTV and what kind of it?.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could tighten the nut all the way down and it would not put any pressure on the oring inside the pan. It was kinda flared out if that makes any sense. I used mega black rtv that I bought at Oreilly's, I had good luck with it before like with diff covers.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I could tighten the nut all the way down and it would not put any pressure on the oring inside the pan. It was kinda flared out if that makes any sense. I used mega black rtv that I bought at Oreilly's, I had good luck with it before like with diff covers.
Ok, thanks for the answer. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts