Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diffrent chips

8K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Looking at both the F6 chip and the TS chip for Total Diesel Proformance. Looking for help!!!

#8 ·
Ts can be reburned by Anyone except dp...lol

The biggest diff is 6 tunes vs 16..knob vs gizmo box.
Coolness factor and inovation tips to dp.
Cost, ease of use, variety of tuners..ts wins.

Most of the site sponsor tuners here will all make you happy.
Personaly I have gone with beans, I like dyno tweaked tunes,
Ease of contact, customer service, his performance numbers and his track record.
I don't have spare blocks laying around, or any spare money
Like some of the guys around here to try certain tuners programs,
But most seem to have updated toublesome tunes.

Call them all up,email etc, see who contacts you and mmake you feel all warm and fuzzy.

#10 ·
Well, if you're looking at these chips...they look like this...

#12 ·
I want and like the knob. One thing that could be done, and I am actually surprised it never has been, is adding a numbered back plate to it. Not like you really need it but it would still be nice as an option. One thing I have found about push buttons from more years than I can to recall in IT and AV tech. They are not as durable. No two ways about it. Not saying a rotary knob can't be made very cheap; it can. Also not that a push button can not last a long time. But in general a rotary knob will be more durable and take more abuse and rough use. Especially if you add any liquid and debris to the mix. Now give me a rotary knob with led display and there you have it. These are TRUCKS after all things should be HD. The knobs tends to blend into the panel better as well.

#14 ·
What they all said... I prefer the TS chip with good tunes on it.

#16 ·
Thanks Jason. I thought it odd no one ever did something so basic.

#17 ·
IIRC Black Cloud Diesel had one, but he quit making them...

#18 ·
Why doesent anyone make a digital selector like DP

#19 ·
From what I have seen, Craig Moates was commissioned to design them for DP-Tuner. I also saw an article that ran 5 chips on a truck that was modded so there was an "apples to apples" comparison. Might not be the tuner's prefered package but it gave a better comparison of their abilities. From what I saw, they were kinda close to each other. There was some slight difference but that was that. No one tuner was head and shoulders above the others. So yes, with the obsoleted rotary dial, you have more choices but they are pretty much the same. If I were to go backwards to those switches, I would definitely want to see something more than a few HP difference. Choice is good but when the difference is slight, choice for the sake of choice isn't worth much to me.

#20 ·
There is a whole lot more about tunes than just the peak HP or tq number. You can take two tunes and they drive completely different. Also one of those tunes have a very different profile (Cale@ BTS). You have shift points and line pressure, pedal %, ICP, Timing, How the power comes on, Hp and tq curves in the RPM band.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.