Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
When Charles said that you said "how does air get in a sealed system" and then stated how you got some oil knowledge lately. So.......why are you asking David what Charles already told you?:doh:

Maybe you can have your tuner tune the air out!
If you were intelligent enough to read that much of my post you should have finished it.
WTF does a tuner have to do with this other than you starting more stupid ####.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If you were intelligent enough to read that much of my post you should have finished it.
WTF does a tuner have to do with this other than you starting more stupid ####.
I figured you said before your tuner could tune out the things that we all know are a mechanical limit..........maybe you could get him to tune out the air in the oil...........and yes it was just to start up more stupid $hit......I'm bord today at work......we have a 24hr delay.:postwhore2:

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Ok you show more intelligence. It's not a mechanical limit it's electronic.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
and you can tell......ya'll got it all figured out, see ing how ell your truck runs and all :rolleyes:

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
For those of us who don't know, where does the stock IPR dump? The front cover or?
Good question and one I was wondering about myself. If this is in fact a problem with higher HP injectors, and since the Termy has a remote IPR, couldn't the remote IPR be fitted to dump somewhere else? I say this as someone who has a Termy with a remote IPR but who has also never really looked at them, which is sad because I have a leak I need to track down. Was planning to take a peek today, but discovered a broken P-trap in the shower this morning made obvious by all the water coming out from under the tub, so I'm off to Ace for the inevitable lack of parts and the ensuing retrofit.:doh:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Mech ...funny thing is..........your truck has the same issues mine had 3yrs ago same miss same everything......

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
You don't make power either:poke:

I can't make 2 wot passes in a row without losing power and I dump mine back into the crank case.
David have you tried to look at the oil for air after a pass? Is the power loss extreme of just noticeable. I'm running something through my head and need a little help.

I think in different degrees we are all right on what is happening.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Mech ...funny thing is..........your truck has the same issues mine had 3yrs ago same miss same everything......
HAD I didn't have to throw more fuel at it to fix it.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
David have you tried to look at the oil for air after a pass? Is the power loss extreme of just noticeable. I'm running something through my head and need a little help.

I think in different degrees we are all right on what is happening.
when I make a hard pass on Amanda's truck the dipstick will be covered in bubbles.

and yes the loss in power is very noticeable.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That has got to be shearing the hell out of the oil!

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
That has got to be shearing the hell out of the oil!
I'm actually looking to run the IPR return to an oil/air separation device.

Charles posted a pic of one a while back, I'll see if I can find it later today.
Ok this is just my opinion.

The pumps by design will shear the oil. It's described to me that when the oil shears it releases, I'll call it air. Don't know what the technical term is. I don't think the air is naturally there. If the oil after the IPR is dumped to the crank case the air is more easily released. If it's dumped to the res even with the low pressure it's still there but not as bad.
The CenPeco rep gave me a lot of information about oil weights and additives. The wear additives are what break down and release the air. An anti foam package is added to try and compensate for that. Heavier weight oils don't react to the anti foam as well, and multi weights are worse. That's why hydraulic oils are lite. He went further and explained how the different base oils react and the PA crude is better.
This is why when the additive packages break down, after multiple runs, it gets worse. I'm going to a straight 40w for pulling season.

Flame suit on. :mad:

·
Registered
215 Posts
In an effort to further derail, has anyone tried running a 30w. I'd be curious to know if a synthetic 30 could stand up to the abuse of an occasional 600hp run. Oil aeration is a problem with all heui systems and even more so on setups like mine that run oil hungry injectors at elevated icp.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
At the power levels were trying to achieve IMO I wouldn't want a thinner oil. While it wouldn't foam as much it also wouldn't give you as much anti wear protection.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Run pure LUCAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 80 Posts