Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking to expand the fleet to have another street worthy vehicle and I was thinking about a few different vehicles to run veggie. I would probably do a full complete kit but I was looking for opinions on these kits. I'll admit my research probably isn't as high as it should be (just saw a kit for 6.0s!) but still looking for some feedback, so far seen the sites below... Thanks guys.

WVO Diesel Conversion | SVO Grease Conversion | Ford Vegistroke Powerstroke | Biodiesel Conversion

*FREE SHIPPING on ALL our Greasecar Conversion Kits!! Available on phone orders ONLY! Call 413-534-0013 | Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems

GFS Products | Golden Fuel Systems

Ford Powerstroke : PlantDrive, WVO, SVO vegetable oil fuel system, gas alternative, biodiesel, California

Frybrid Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems -- Catalog

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Well I'm extremely biased, but rightfully so. My vote goes to vegistroke. Simply put, it's the most complete, turn-key system you can buy, and I'd venture to guess the following is larger, thus more help if troubles arise.

To test this, join the forums for each of these (if they don't even have a forum, how much help can you get by calling?), ask a question, see how many responses you get and how fast. I already know who's going to win this.

I'd scratch some of these right off the list, do a little bit of searching. Some of these places will be extremely happy to take your money, then never talk to you for months on end without ever shipping you parts in a timely fashion.

Does it mean anything to you that Frybrid chose to use the V3 module in it's own kit?

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Well I'm extremely biased, but rightfully so. My vote goes to vegistroke. Simply put, it's the most complete, turn-key system you can buy, and I'd venture to guess the following is larger, thus more help if troubles arise.

To test this, join the forums for each of these (if they don't even have a forum, how much help can you get by calling?), ask a question, see how many responses you get and how fast. I already know who's going to win this.

I'd scratch some of these right off the list, do a little bit of searching. Some of these places will be extremely happy to take your money, then never talk to you for months on end without ever shipping you parts in a timely fashion.

Does it mean anything to you that Frybrid chose to use the V3 module in it's own kit?
+1 to all of this.

I seen people waiting for over 6 months for Frybrid parts.

I encourage you to follow this advice -- join the forums for the companies and ask questions. See what kind of future support you may have because you WILL have problems that need troubleshooting, regardless of which kit you buy. Also see who has XX number of miles on their kits.

As an aside, there was a 4x4 shop in my area that had been installing kits from Greasecar, Plantdrive, Frybrid.....everyone except BFT. They finally got to do an install of the BFT kit and their feedback was almost funny. "This is AMAZING. All of the parts bags are actually labelled. The length, gauge, and color of the wires match what are in the directions. The connectors are already on the wires?! No way!" They showed me what the other companies provide them and I was floored.

The Vegistroke ain't cheap, but this is one of those times when you really do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Again I am for BFT. SH!T look whos black truck is on there website. Yup. Installed the kit in October 2010 and havent looked back. You may come into struggles to find WVO but by far as kits go. This kit is the most top of the line kit. When it comes to a wvo kit it is a no brainer. Like the two previous have said. Great Company Great Kit Great Customer Service. Here is a few pictures of mine when i got it. and some installed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts