Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few weeks Ive had lots of parts coming in for my truck and have noticed a few differences in ups and fed ex 1st ups tracking system actually works, fed ex does some times
2. ups brings your package to the door rings the bell and walks away slowly. fed ex throws your package hitting the door and never leaving the truck ( my door is 30 feet away from the street by the time i hear the package hit theyre out of sight already)
3. if you call ups theyre polite and help to resolve the problem, fed ex treats you like a 3rd world citizen, living in a card board box.
4. lastly ups will deliver your package! ive had 3 lost package from fed-ex all the time saying they were delivered and they werent.

just had to get the rant out before I go crazy and start paint balling the damn fed ex truck.

·
Precision Planting Dealer
670 Posts
and fed-ex trucks tip over causing a huge delay when coming home from a family trip

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
planed on doing just cant decide if i want to be a jack ass back to them and use bright pink and yellow paint balls and freeze a few of them just for an added kick

·
HHAUL'N STROKER
1,574 Posts
Not shure what one has my parts but its going to take them longer to get here since a rockslide closed down I-70 from Denver for the past 3 days and not going to be open for a few more days.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell here if its even drizzling its a mandatory week delay for fed ex.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly, one of them they blamed me and said i put the wrong address so i could file a claim against them.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Actually it makes sense once you figure out fed-ex's secret :D

When you ship a package with ups your package STAYS with ups.

When you ship a package with fed-ex the place you drop the package off at is fed-ex. After that they turn your packages over to 3rd party people. From that point the truck pulling up may or may not be a real fed-ex truck and 85% of the time its not a real fed-ex truck. The subcontractors put their name on the truck.

Also the subcontractor is only responsible for paying $100 if a package is lost. Remember that the next time you ship a few thousand dollars worth of merchandise. If they pick up something on a friday at the destination place and its not delivered they ride around with it and take it home with them on the weekend.

Fed-ex has no clue where the package actually is or the name of the driver that actually has your package. Scary huh :D

If I EVER have a choice I choose ups over fed-ex.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Oh a real fed-ex delivery guy let me know the best way to help make sure its stays with fed-ex is to ship overnight or 2nd day air. 2nd day is still iffy but at least has a chance of not being subbed out.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
so basicly a crooked fed-ex contractor could open a package he thinks is worth alot of money, say its "lost", and shell out the hundred bucks and walk away with alot more than what he paid for it

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
so basicly a crooked fed-ex contractor could open a package he thinks is worth alot of money, say its "lost", and shell out the hundred bucks and walk away with alot more than what he paid for it
Yep.

I found all this out when I ordered a notebook computer and the driver claimed he couldnt find the address. Im thinking no biggy, call fedex and arrange to meet him. Thats when I found out they had no clue who the driver was or how to contact him after hours. I freaked to say the least. Then I was informed that the subcontractors only have to cough up $100 if the equipment comes up missing. I doubt they would pull that trick very often since it would get them fired Id imagine but they could.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I would not say that when you call ups they are nice to deal with. I also do not trust ups to overnight a package. Twice in the last month I have had packages that were suppose to be overnight that went to the wrong place. When I called to get some resolution on the last one I was not treated very nice. I finally called a local ups sort facility and got things straitened around but still had to drive a couple hours to pick up my stuff. Needless to say if I have to do an overnight package again I am going with the us postal service.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I have always had better luck with UPS around here then I have Fed-Ex.

I think its just all about where you live.

·
diesel and nothing else
1,620 Posts
crowz, sorry to tell you but UPS uses also sub-contractors for their service.
I know for sure because we get some UPS trailer to our terminal and distribute the merchandise to the different UPS terminals for final delivery.
So if you think it's only UPS, think again.

·
ERJ Aircraft Mechanic
853 Posts
UPS will loose a 6' long box filled with a 4" exhaust system and take over three weeks to find it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts