Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was parked side by side with my brother inlaws truck. Both 02 4x4 Lariat crew cabs except mine has a diesel. His bed sticker says 4x4 and mine says 4x4 with off road under it. What is the difference ? extra skid plates ? I didn't really see a difference looking under each of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In '01 the Off Road package was a $125 option... Pretty sure it was just skid plates (transfer case and fuel tank) and the different bedside decal. After it think it included some "Rancho" shocks.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
off roads come with a factory steering stabilizer

·
Registered
67 Posts
my 99 did not come factory with a steering stabilizer, they go ahead and give you the one bracket that one can be bolted to but you have to buy the stabilizer and the bracket that bolts in the middle of the steering bar.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
My 02 didn't have one either. Gonna have to go with the skid plates and a sticker. Like Chevy's z71 package.

·
Registered
701 Posts
???Ive never seen one with out it, regardless of trim....
Mine doesn't have one. Never had an issue with stock tires.... plowing or towing. And we have some pretty crappy roads up here.

That said.. I'm going to 35's..... and have a dual stabilizer kit coming in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My '01 had a factory steering stabilizer... It still has the brackets but I replaced the shock part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts