Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright when i first got this truck together i had the stock exaust with muffler on it well i deleted the muffler and did not notice any difference in power or egts or mileage now will i see any difference when i go from stock with muff delete to a 4" system? power wize or mileage wize? i dont like doin stuff unless it gives you seat of the pants results i could care less about 10 hp i want things that realy make a difference not just sound meaner. so i guess my question is should i just stick with the deleted muffler stock system? by the way i have a tuner with a 120hp setting on it on the way will it make a diference wether i hVE A 4" OR STOCK 3 1/2 " THANKS

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
your are not gonna notice much of a difference ffo a 3 1/2 to 4 i didnt.. but if your going with bigger injectors someday it will help.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Think of it this way, the more air you can flow the better off you are. If you do go injectios and a turbo route then do the exhaust but if you don't plan on doin anymore to it then leave. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you thats what i figured, i appretiate all the info you guys been givin me, been a lot cheaper askin you folks then just tryin diffrent things out and not likein them.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
In my (unexpert) opinion my 4inch full exhaust system with downpipe was worth it. Made a noticable change to the motor, maybe not the SOP but could tell it was better with egts. I know gas and diesel are different, but more air in and less restriction out seems like a basic concept of letting the motor run easier. Not to mention helps the MPG. Just my .02

·
Registered
484 Posts
True I have never ran a car or truck with out some kinda exhaust work. Its the first thing i do when I buy something

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
some folks say on lower hp trucks you get more low end torque with a 3.5" down pipe then with a 4". most of the restriction is in the muffler.
a few folks (nchornet and a few others)swear by the walker btm muffler saying it gives 80% of the performance of a 4" system.

you could always do the muffler delete 1st if not rpmoutlet.com has realy good deals on 4" systems , also some vendors like itp and di can get them cheap just cant advertise the price so give them a call as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts