Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a newer 7.3L Superduty and would prefer an F-350 but I would like to know what is the difference (suspension and powertrain) between the two?
Thanks

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
Badges on the fender and tailgateare different, Tags are cheaper for F-250's. no difference other than that. All drive train is the same, springs etc. Some 350 came without over loads on the rear, some 250s came with over loads ,they are all the same for the most part.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
powertrain is the same just the suspension and gvw rating as far as I know. But I don't know everything. One drawback here in Az is anything 1 ton & over has to have a comercial plate. It's a little more $$$$ than a 250 of same value and you can't get a 2 yr tag. So emmisions and reg every year.

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
the 350's also have bigger rear blocks

·
brandon
778 Posts
250 is 3/4 ton, 350 is 1 ton

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I haven't seen too many 250's with overload leafs I think most 350's have them, not positive about that though.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
My 350 with tow package from factory did not have overloads, my 250 2wd came factory with over loads, I am not positive but I think it has something to do with the camper package.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sounds like the Ford of the 60's no consistency. My srw 350 came with overloads. Most srw came with 3.73's and dually with 4.10's. Kinda like that box of chocolates huh?

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
"ya never know what your gonna get"

·
Registered
43 Posts
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2000/specs.html

Go to the above link, you can change years by just typing a different year in the address line. It goes through everything from springs, trannys, and anything they are built with. The only "standard" (whose version of standard I don't know) is the overload spring. The differences really start with the chassis cabs. The website is pretty cool though.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I have a 250 and I added a leaf and put air bags on it to raise the back end after a leveling kit in the front and pull a 12K bumper pull camper. I would bet my truck is a F350 if not more now. Like was said before, I think the diff. is in the springs and not the rear end components such as the axle.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
"Tools", that is a good one, LOL

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
some f250's came with taller blocks though as well.Mine measures right about 3 5/8 tall in the back which is what f350s run I believe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my 250 has overloads, also i believe the front axle was some times different (dana 50 vs. Dana 50) but it wasn't real consistent

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was under the impression that there were some extra leaves in the back and they used a Dana 60 instead of the 50?

·
Registered
52 Posts
my 250 has overloads, also i believe the front axle was some times different (dana 50 vs. Dana 50) but it wasn't real consistent

my bad it should have read dana 50 vs. dana 60

·
Totally SWAMPED
109 Posts
the 250's have the 10.25 or the 10.50 axle and the duallys have a dana 80

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, long story short? If its SRW there is no difference, just personal preference?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts