Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 PSD single cab 2WD
going to clean the EBP sensor and tube today.
Just in case one or the other is bad or both,i was searching places to buy the replacements..as far as the tube goes no problems there

For the 95-96 the sensor part number is DPFE-1
For the 97-03 7.3 and 03-04 6.0 it is DPFE-3

is the newer one an upgraded one kind of like the upgraded newer CPS..or will it not work with my 95?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
IIRC, the difference would be in the contact material. Later would probably have gold while earlier would be tin (?). Not sure how much galvanic corrosion would come into play with differing materials at the connection, but if you used the later one use some dielectric grease to minimize the chances. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC, the difference would be in the contact material. Later would probably have gold while earlier would be tin (?). Not sure how much galvanic corrosion would come into play with differing materials at the connection, but if you used the later one use some dielectric grease to minimize the chances. Cheers!
That was my thinking too..if i need one i guess i can be the Guinea Pig and buy the newer one to see the difference..lol

The newer ones are actually 20-30.00 cheaper too

Thanks for the reply :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well..sensor looks fine..just a little carbon build up around the inside of the sensor and can clearly see the little white button up inside it.....
.i figured i was doing good ,,,,until i went to clean the tube..completely blocked at a bend near where it connects to the manifold.
I sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner in it both sides and tried running a throttle cable through both ways,,thing is completely blocked,even a few blast of air with my compressor wouldn't do anything..i went ahead and ordered a new one online for 13.00..in the meantime i think i am going to soak the whole thing in some MEK i have around for cleaning steel before paint and see if it break the clog loose

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Put the throttle cable in a variable speed drill and use that like a plumbing snake with the carb cleaner (it makes a mess, but works good). Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts