Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Just A Squirrel
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mag-hytec or PML??? :poke::ford:What do ya think??

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
MAG-HYTEC All the way.....I put one on and never looked back...No silicone, more oil, and it looks sharp! The 08 one looks to ricer, same as the one on the Nissan titan.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Ya the dynotrac is nice to. But the Mag-Hytec is ment for abuse!

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Ya the dynotrac is nice to. But the Mag-Hytec is ment for abuse!
yes... but it is seriously overpriced. I mean its a piece of frickin metal. Yes id rather have it than the 08 cover, but worth it?? NO. Go for the 08 cover

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Everything for a diesel is overpriced.....Do you know why, because they can....Ya it might be a fair bit more, but when your pullin lots and put power to the rear end, why cheap out. a 10.5 isnt a cheap rear end to replace anything on. So the added oil capicty, better cooling, I'd say the extra 220 is worth it.

·
Needs more hours per day
1,781 Posts
Mag-Hytecs here on my truck. Yes, they're spendy, but I decided to splurge. I like the magnet on the drainplug and dipstick myself. After I swapped my covers and took a little drive, came home to double check the fluid levels and the magnet on the dipstick had already picked up some metal shavings that I couldn't get out when the cover was off. Keeping the metal shavings out of the gears has to help extend the life of the gears.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
We put a 08 cover on my buddy's truck, looks good & was cheap. I'll probley put one on mine when it's time for a fluid change.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Dynatrac is good for a truck that is off road alot. Mag-hytec is better for a truck that tows alot or spends time at the track. The 08 cover just looks cheap and is probley no better than the steel cover.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Dynatrac is good for a truck that is off road alot. Mag-hytec is better for a truck that tows alot or spends time at the track. The 08 cover just looks cheap and is probley no better than the steel cover.
personally I think it looks great.... but opinions aside, the 08 cover is WAY better than the steel cover. Thicker, much more sturdy, and won't rust... Tell me how that isn't any better :poke:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tell me why one is better than the other in those situations you have listed

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
personally I think it looks great.... but opinions aside, the 08 cover is WAY better than the steel cover. Thicker, much more sturdy, and won't rust... Tell me how that isn't any better :poke:
What he said, It's alot thicker & it's not made of steel so it won't rust! Personaly I & alot of friends of mine like the looks of em!

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I have an 08 cover it is powder coated black it looks sweet just need to get the bolts and puter on.
I have never even thought of powder coating/painting it! Thats a great idea it would make it stand out much less but still look snazzy. brilliant! :bow:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Tell me why one is better than the other in those situations you have listed
Dynatrac very heavy and ment to take an impact.Mag-hytec holds extra fluid and made to keep it cooler also has magnetic dipstick to keep metal out of fluid. The 08 cover just reminds me of a titan it may help some with cooling but whatever you like its your truck. I have never had a steel cover rust out if it did rust 10 min with some sand paper and a can o paint it was good as new and you can make it any color you want.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I have never had a steel cover rust out if it did rust 10 min with some sand paper and a can o paint it was good as new and you can make it any color you want.
Are you talking about the stock one? If so I have personally seen many of them rot out, The one on my truck was changed shortly before I got it because it rusted away.
The Mag Techs are nice but I can't justify spending $200 for somthing that might keep my rear axle cooler & costs more when I have to change the fluid. If anyone is really that worried about temps they should get a rear diff temp gauge like the truckers have.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts