Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for those of you that saw the first issue, what can we do to make the magazine better?

What kind of things do you want to see, we don't want to be just another diesel magazine. We want to be the premier best of the best. As an average reader and diesel enthusiast I know what I want to see in the next issue, but what about you guys?

Diesel Tech wants to relate to the average diesel truck owner, we'll leave the fancy $70,000 show trucks to the other guys. We want to highlight everday drivers and diesel trucks that get used for what they were designed for.

I'm open to suggestions....

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Hey guys, for those of you that saw the first issue, what can we do to make the magazine better?

What kind of things do you want to see, we don't want to be just another diesel magazine. We want to be the premier best of the best. As an average reader and diesel enthusiast I know what I want to see in the next issue, but what about you guys?

Diesel Tech wants to relate to the average diesel truck owner, we'll leave the fancy $70,000 show trucks to the other guys. We want to highlight everday drivers and diesel trucks that get used for what they were designed for.

I'm open to suggestions....
Sounds like you have a real good idea allready.

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Do articals, or how to on all years of trucks instead of the new ones, Not everyone can afford a new truck and others are very happy with the 94-02.. The 10K mod, DIY intake, installing fuel cells in the bed and tieing them into the fuel lines, rear disc brake conversion, DIY interior, building center consoles with plans, building a behind the rear seat orginizer, etc.. It seams like all other mags focus on new trucks and dropping off you truck to a co. to do bolt things on (lifts, programers), why not trying to do more of the DIY prodjects.. I would love to see or a write up on swapping air ride suspension or lowering a OBS truck.. More readers rides..

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
Use this site for stuff in the Mag that people are asking for assistance, write ups, problems, or just for what ever

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Text Line Font Icon Emoticon - the stupid part. But ya seems like alot of the diesel mags are going towards newer trucks that already all done up and all, A magazine with more tech info would be better DIY like said above. Not everyone can afford taking it to the shop, I did everything on my truck on my own at the firehouse. SO more Tech info would be nice.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you guys completley about the articles on older trucks. We've also actually got a few DIY style articles already in progress, including a PSD injector article.

The stories we do will include before and after dyno results, acceleration tests, as well of the most important, seat-of-the-pants effect. We're not only installing products, we're gonna tell you what they did for the trucks as well.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
How about an article on hpops. Maybe try to get hold of the new medium oil from Bob or Joey.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I think you should feature my truck. LOL

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
My turd has alot of diy stuff and it is alot of fun .

People call mine the Texas limo, Its long and It has a custom interior (conversion truck).. Ive also done quiet abit of DIY, and I cant wait to see some DIY injectors

·
Registered
500 Posts
There are quite a few Cummins conversions going on these days, an article showing people the key elements involved would be of interest to quite a few I would think.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
^^^ What he said. I am in the process of coverting a nice Early to a CR 5.9 and will be taking pictures of the whole build step by step. Could even make it a muti-issue article. Ths one will be also twinned and very high hp in the end.

Also come out East! I am sick to death of seeing the same damn trucks in every issue of every mag in California. There just so happens to be some nasty trucks in the midwest and East, throw us a bone.

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
I just came back from Hastings book store and didnt see the Mag, has it been released yet?

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
barnes and noble carry it right now i know. working on getting it into walmarts. subscriptions are only $10 right now as well

dieseltechmag.com

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Sick of seeing high dollar show pieces. Like Bean said come East!

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
I will look for the B&N tomorrow

1 - 20 of 30 Posts