Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorta new to Diesel and wa trying to drain a tank in an old truck because of a leak and the hose fell out and soaked me from head to toe. After 4 washes with baking soda, oxyclean, detergent, etc the smell still is not gone...

Any advice?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try soaking in oxy clean? or vinegar? just about all the clothes I own either smell like gas or diesel or have oil and grease stains on them....I gave up trying to clean them

·
diesel fiend
338 Posts
Same here, it's almost a permanent smell. Only wears off after a ton of washes.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Good luck. My favorite T-shirt got gear oil on it about 5 years ago. STILL smells like it

·
Registered
646 Posts
Try sunlight dish detergent let it soak in your dish sink for awhile with lots of suds, works for me every time with diesel, but not gear oil, ever that ####'s bad.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Try soaking in oxy clean? or vinegar? just about all the clothes I own either smell like gas or diesel or have oil and grease stains on them....I gave up trying to clean them
same here, havnt found anything that works yet

·
Registered
444 Posts
WTF the good women around here think its cologne already....Turn on.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Good luck. My favorite T-shirt got gear oil on it about 5 years ago. STILL smells like it
Ugh gear oil smells sooo bad. I didn't even spill any gear oil on a T-shirt I wore when working on the diffs in my dodge. The T-shirt STILL smells like mopar 75w90, the worst smelling gear oil ever...I almost vomited when I took the diff cover off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ok Im married to a mechanic... take a half cup of white vinegar and toss it in when you wash it does wonders for smells and oil stains!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try washing with simple green, use about a cup full strength. Works pretty good for me.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Can of coca cola seems to help.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hell leave it in there, gives them character.lol

On the other hand you could try what I did to 2 pairs of FRC coveralls after 8 weeks on a Coker turnaround, I put them in a 5 gallon bucket and filled the balance with Royal Purple degreaser and put lid on and let it marinade in the back of the truck for 3 or 4 days, went to a car wash and dumped them out and put the high pressure rinse to them.

It worked, they cleaned up good enough to keep. Usally on them Cokers you just throw away your clothes when it's over.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i use Murphy oil soap, it for cleaning wood floors and does it work. may take two washes but does great imho..

·
Chachi
237 Posts
Diesel= Man smellLOLLOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Put some regular old dawn dish soap in the machine with oily and greasy clothes. It works really well at cutting grease. Sometimes I throw some simple green in the mix too. I haul diesel for a living so I have been covered a few times.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts