Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the new issue of Diesel Power in the mail yesterday and I was suprised about the massive write ups they had about the 7.3L between an OBS injector and fuel system install down to the 10 page section how how to spend 1500, 2500, 5000, and 10000 in both Sticks and autos and the best part about it was the fact that they did their research, no ATS or Banks crap but DP-Tuner, Swamps, ITP, Beans, BTS, Tony Wildman, Diesel Site, etc. It was a good read to say the least and its just good to see they haven't forgot the old Fords in a dodge world.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
I think BigR knows the project rust bucket guy, and must've let him know to drop all the banks duchery.

·
Quality Built!
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well you can only cover a twin turbo twelve valve, 24 valve, or cr cummins so many times.
A built powerstroke will turn more heads than a cummins.
A men to that. Everyone can have a Dodge with stacks and pushing 500-600 HP

Goodto see the fords get some love and even the older trucks I am really interested in project 300

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
A men to that. Everyone can have a Dodge with stacks and pushing 500-600 HP

Goodto see the fords get some love and even the older trucks I am really interested in project 300
Therein lies the answer.

My point: A few years back all anyone saw in the grass roots racing scene was SBC's. Along comes a small company out of Australia (CHI) selling a cross between the 2V and 4V Cleveland head which they dubbed 3V (paid somebody a million bucks for that name :doh:) Now the top engine builders are putting 400+ci SBF's making 700hp on pump gas in Camaros and S-10's and Hell hath frozen over.

As soon as Jason or someone like him (sorry I don't know all of you yet) breaks down the barriers set by the last guy PSD's can get back in the race.

Sound optimistic, I was one of the Chevy builders that knew a ferd would never beat me.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
I think BigR knows the project rust bucket guy, and must've let him know to drop all the banks duchery.

what actually happened was.... mike mcglothlin got hired there. he's got an 97' CC and has really laid some influence for the 7.3. the stuff you see has a lot do with personal interest of the editor and writers. thats why you're seeing so much 7.3 love. his name is 97rattlebox on here, and he's a really cool guy.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
sorry for the highjack but correct me if im worng but if the obs throws a cel when running a chip, its cause the chip is telling the hpop to pump more oil but cant? cause according to them its for overboost which i have been told is why the cel is set on the superdutys.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
what actually happened was.... mike mcglothlin got hired there. he's got an 97' CC and has really laid some influence for the 7.3. the stuff you see has a lot do with personal interest of the editor and writers. thats why you're seeing so much 7.3 love. his name is 97rattlebox on here, and he's a really cool guy.
That must be the guy with the white crew cab. It's good to have actual players in the 7.3 world included in a national publication.:ford: I know dieseltech gave love to Beans, H-Max, DPTuner and terminator, good to see another mag doing it too.

You ever race that rust bucket kid anyways Mike?
sorry for the highjack but correct me if im worng but if the obs throws a cel when running a chip, its cause the chip is telling the hpop to pump more oil but cant? cause according to them its for overboost which i have been told is why the cel is set on the superdutys.
More often than not I believe that is the case.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
thanks for the info. but yeah after reading this issue and seeing that they are doing more articles on the 7.3 is just awesome. but like what was said before, you can cover so many cummings that are sporting twins, and fully built motors before people get tired of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
scott was in there for the diesel power challenge too. It's cool to see a truck from this site make it in there. This was the best diesel power i've seen for a while imo.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Guess I'll have to re new my subscription if they're covering fords more now. Nice to see that we can still get a little attention.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
It could be either or...it can throw a ses light for having low icp at wot (hpop cant suppy enough pressure) It could also have a ses light for having excessive boost and will defuel the engine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just found this thread. Don't know how I missed it, actually. I'm on here at least every other day poking around :poke:

I appreciate the kind words. And Mike's right, a lot of personal interest makes it in the magazine. So for me, it's 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 stuff, and thanks to this site I've learned quite a bit the last year and a half since being hired. For the associate editor, it's Dodge. And for the boss man, he tries to balance it out with a Chevy/GM now and then.

I grew up around the OBS Fords, even had a couple in the family from the Bull-nose years. Nothing looks better to me than a clean, old body style Ford still rattling along. Oh yeah, and ANY good running Blue Oval :ford:

·
College=Broke as f*ck
514 Posts
Just found this thread. Don't know how I missed it, actually. I'm on here at least every other day poking around :poke:

I appreciate the kind words. And Mike's right, a lot of personal interest makes it in the magazine. So for me, it's 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 stuff, and thanks to this site I've learned quite a bit the last year and a half since being hired. For the associate editor, it's Dodge. And for the boss man, he tries to balance it out with a Chevy/GM now and then.

I grew up around the OBS Fords, even had a couple in the family from the Bull-nose years. Nothing looks better to me than a clean, old body style Ford still rattling along. Oh yeah, and ANY good running Blue Oval :ford:
AMEN:ford:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts