Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to change the oil in my truck and tractor......going to switch them over to 5w-40 for the winter months. I usually use Rotella T6 or Delo 400 since both are easy to find and seem to do a good job. I got on Amazon like I usually do to order several gallons of it (sure it nice having it delivered right to your door).....nothing, completely out of stock of any 5w-40 synthetic diesel oil that I can find. No Rotella T6, no Delo 400. So I figure I'll just run to Walmart since they always have it........nope, shelves are bare of all diesel oil except a one gallon jug of 15w-40 I found. Sine I need about 6 gallons of it...that did me no good.

What's going on? Anyone else seeing this in their neck of the woods? I had no issues finding any early this year when I did oil changes.

·
Registered
2007 F350 SRW 4x4 Crew Lariat 6.0
13 Posts
Shortage here in Alabama. I finally found 4 gallons at a Napa store. That was all he had, and said he don't know when more will come. The story he told was a chemical plant that made some ingredient for Rotella was damaged. One person said a fire, the other said hurricane. No Rotella, Delo, or Motorcraft to be found around here lately.

·
Super Moderator
5,876 Posts
I don’t use off the shelf oils so I’m not sure about around here. Haven’t checked in a while.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It's been kinda hit and miss out here also,(New Mexico) not bad enough to report. I use barrels, it was available just had to wait a bit. I still see bottles of Delo at most of the places I stop, although the local truck stop has been bringing it in from another location.

Fuel itself on the other hand, we've been seeing rationing at the chain joints, the mom and pop places locally have run out a few times. Has not been a long term thing yet, but spooky for sure.

I should add, I use Mystic, had to get it in Colorado this year.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought 10 gallons of T6 5w40 early 2020 while taking advantage of the good rebates now I’m up for another oil change and can’t find it in Pekin Illinois for 2 weeks straight! I found Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5w40 but I will probably take it back if I happen to find some T6 5w40. It does not look promising.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah it's pretty spotty here in Kansas too. Had to go with 30 wt on the 2 stroke as 40 has been gone for months. The 6.0 needs a change soon and I use tdt and expect it to be hard to come by.

·
Registered
2006 6.0 cc lariat 4x4
76 Posts
No one uses schaffers oil? I think it's better myself have been using for 4 years now and you can go on Amazon and find wholesale ppl that will mail it to your door. It's like 39 a gallon but worth it!

·
Administrator
33,253 Posts
I never give them much thought, but it looks like a gallon is almost 40 bucks, so I won't be trying them at that price
I thought 28 a gal was bad for Mobil one compared to the 20 I paid for delo syn last time

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's time to change the oil in my truck and tractor......going to switch them over to 5w-40 for the winter months. I usually use Rotella T6 or Delo 400 since both are easy to find and seem to do a good job. I got on Amazon like I usually do to order several gallons of it (sure it nice having it delivered right to your door).....nothing, completely out of stock of any 5w-40 synthetic diesel oil that I can find. No Rotella T6, no Delo 400. So I figure I'll just run to Walmart since they always have it........nope, shelves are bare of all diesel oil except a one gallon jug of 15w-40 I found. Sine I need about 6 gallons of it...that did me no good.

What's going on? Anyone else seeing this in their neck of the woods? I had no issues finding any early this year when I did oil changes.
YUP! Same problem here in central Commie_fornia!! Cant find rotella t6 anywhere, I am changing to amsoil now since I found a guy who had some on the shelf!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Update. I finally found Rotella T6 5w40. I bought 8 gallons. I found it at Menards Pekin Illinois. On 6/13/22. There was at least 6 more gallons left. Hopefully it’s making its comeback.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeah but how much did you wind up paying? The few times I've found any diesel oil besides the walmart brand it's been about 30-40% more expensive than normal....even though gas engine oil is still the same basic cost.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
I picked up 4 gallons of Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40 on sale at NAPA a couple of weeks a go. The price was their normal price for when it goes on sale. $17.99 a gallon

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
T4 is $100 here, mystic 15w40 is $85, and country tough is $55

5 gallon buckets

·
Registered
77 Posts
I paid $25.99 a gallon for T6 5w40. In the past I’d wait around for rebates and buy a bunch for a lot cheaper but I’ve never seen it out of stock this long or ever. I was in Farm and Fleet after work today and they still had none.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just found a receipt from 8/17/2020 when I bought T6 from Farm and Fleet in the gallon size it was $26.99 a gallon!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Update again I’ve purchased 16 gallons of Shell Rotella T6 5w40 since June 13. I keep finding it at my local Menards. Not a ripoff price for synthetic $25.99 a gallon. I have 2 7.3 trucks that totally needed oil changes so don’t accuse me of hoarding! I even saw one gallon at a Wal-Mart the other day and it was $23 something. Now I would like to sell 4 gallons of Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w40 I don’t want to use.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts