Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some fuel from a girl friend of the mother inlaws, she claims she was at a 1/8th of tank before accidentaly filled up with diesel. the fuel smells like gas, would i be safe to run five gallons of it a time with a 3/4 of full tank? or should i just burn it in my heating stove?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it was an 04 dodge dakota!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Burn it....gas can do bad things to a diesel

·
Registered
295 Posts
Unless you are a blender :D

·
Registered
4,042 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will the gas seperate from the diesel if left set for awhile? and no i dont trust that 1/8th of tank story. got it for free. i may just find a use for other than in my truck. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance. This gamble can lead to more money in repairs than saved on one tank. Make some molotov cocktails with it. Always a good time.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm going too try too burn it in my jd 260, which is on its last leg so too speak. i'm going to thin it out with more gasoline and see how it run in the jd.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm going too try too burn it in my jd 260, which is on its last leg so too speak. i'm going to thin it out with more gasoline and see how it runs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
But would you trust "there is ABOUT an 1/8th of a tank"?
No I was posting in regards to you saying gas is bad for a diesel, unless you are a blender...then you are using gas to get your waste oil thinned out. However adding gas to a properly blended waste oil blend would be taking a gamble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts