Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I didn't just ruin my car......but I think I made a mistake by adding the whole 32 ounces of Diesel 911 to my 14.5 gallon tank in my 2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. Is this going to hurt the lines or the filters by using this much. When it said it treats up to 100 gallons, I was thinking it was good up to 100 gallons...not thinking I could have rationed it out too many tanks worth. I'm such a retarded if I did this wrong... first time diesel owner here. ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
welcome to PSN! What i think that you did there is ok for now.. Usually, that stuff just cleans out all injectors, pumps, etc.. So i don't think that you are in any danger, and I don't think that you are going to need to buy anything new. I do think though, that if you do keep doing this, there is going to be something wrong with your injectors. if you don't mind me asking, what kind of engine is it? just would like to know because some engines' you have to treat reaaalllyyy reeeaally nice with. thank you!

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
diesel 911 is an anti-gel compound with alcohol in it to displace water to use when fuel gels up in extreme cold, not the regular fuel conditioner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 2.0 Jetta TDI.... It was weird, cuz the miles per gallon readout on the dash wasn't working very well before I did this, but after a 32 ounce bottle of Diesel 911, now it works better, like it's quick with adjusting the numbers. Before I added 911, it was so slow and only changed numbers on the readout every 20-30 seconds or so. I just filled up with a new tank, it's actually been running better than when I got it. Even though it only had 49,000 miles on it when I bought it, it might have had some old diesel in it because it sat so long from being repaired for the recall that Volkswagen fixed. Thanks for the reassurance though, it's been running like a race car now. ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts